Data Scientist - Python
Posted on Mar 20, 2020 by Marlin Green
100% remote working with travel to Sweden for meetings.
Marlin Green are looking for a consultant that will work as part of a cross-functional team to develop and maintain the order simulation model. The simulation model is written in Python and uses common Python libraries. In addition to writing code, the consultant will be expected to participate in discussions about further development, and provide some support to the business with using the simulation tool. In addition to working on this model, the consultant may be asked to work on other tasks related to other use cases. This may involve Python and algorithm development.
The ideal consultant will have the below skills:
- Python and standard data science packages like numpy, pandas etc.
- Experience of working on production code is very important, including writing tests, writing modular and maintainable code, using git workflows
- Experience with writing and optimizing algorithms/code for computational problems (eg simulation)
- Able to work remotely to a large extent, with limited guidance from management but in close collaboration with the rest of the team
- Ability to communicate with business stakeholders.
- Knowledge of mathematical optimization models and algorithms (eg combinatorial optimization, linear programming)
This is for an existing client of Marlin Green with consultants onsite within this team. Please send your CV for immediate representation and we can book you in for interviews early next week via teams.