Technology Transfer Manager/Quality Engineer
Posted on Mar 20, 2020 by Ubique Systems UK Limited
Technology Transfer Engineer
Life Sciences & Healthcare
- Quality engineer/Technology Transfer Engineer
- Good experience or more in a similar department/Role
- Must have personally executed Process related validations.
- Good knowledge of using Minitab to formulate GR& R studies etc.
- Good knowledge of test method creation process.
The job holder will lead the QA element of process/technological improvements, new product introduction and product transfers in conjunction with local Quality, Operations and DePuy R&D personnel ensuring timely communication to all stake holders to effect successful project completion.
- Represent Quality as part of a cross functional team to ensure delivery of projects (NPI's and Technology) into production with the highest level of quality, compliance, and adherence to timelines
- Compile and execute validation protocols for new product/processes and software. Ensure correct implementation as per standard validation procedures. Re-validate as required due to engineering change, deviation analysis or upgrade in systems and material.
- Use of statistical analysis as part of validation activity and defining subsequent inspection and controls in production
- Develop and utilise DFMEA/PFMEA and other QA risk analysis techniques in order to minimise potential risk during development/implementation activity.
- Liase with R & D to ensure Critical to Quality Characteristics are agreed and documented for all New Product Development
- Lead Design for Inspection activities for all New Product Introduction to ensure latest technology is available to reduce Human Error.
- Lead QA input to Design for Manufacture activities on site.
- Ensure daily and project compliance with all Documented Quality systems ie FDA QSR's and ISO 13485/9001 requirements etc. during all day to day
- Provide technical assistance to carry out problem analysis/complaint investigation as required and define through negotiation effective corrective actions.
- Assist in problem solving for new products and established production process enabling reduction in compliance risks, scrap and reprocessing.
- Assist in the development, review and approve product, gauge, tooling and fixturing drawings.
- Maintain a good level of house-keeping in designated areas, and observe all Health and Safety at work requirements.
Responsibilities and accountabilities will vary for all positions and the scope of individual roles may not be limited to the contents of this position description. As such, adherence to company procedures is also a responsibility of any roles encompassed within this Job Description
Good influencing skills
Project Management skills
Good generalist (experienced quality person)
Defuser, not inflamer
- -A degree level or similar qualification in mechanical or industrial engineering.
- Experience in a quality role within a regulated industry.
- Proven ability to successfully introduce new product development in the Medical Device Industry.
- -Proven knowledge and ability regarding product verification and process validations.
- Proven knowledge of FDA and MDD GMP requirements regarding medical Devices.
- Proven experience and training in Mechanical Engineering processes.