IT Configuration Manager
Posted on Mar 20, 2020 by Source Technology
Looking for a contractor for 6 months in Mons Belgium
A current Security clearance is needed.
€400-500 per day
IT Configuration Manager
- Develops, configures and maintains tools (including automation) to identify, track, log and maintain accurate, complete and current CI information;
- Contributes to the development of CM strategies, policies, standards, and procedures;
- Manages the Configuration Management plan and policies;
- Maintains the Configuration Management System;
- Tracking compliance to policies, procedures, and resolving or escalating compliance issues.
- Reviews and approves all changes to the CMS infrastructure where applicable
- Reviews and approves significant IT infrastructure changes to ensure impacts to configuration management data are properly assessed;
- Provides the CMDB to facilitate impact assessment for change requests and to ensure that implemented Changes are as authorized;
- Ensures that the CMDB is updated when a Change is implemented;
- Provides Configuration Management guidance and direction to all functional areas of the business;
- Create service maps (relationships between services) in support of processes such as Service Level Management, Incident Management and Change Management.
- Chairs Configuration Control Boards- Reviews major incident outage resolution resulting from failed changes due to CMS related issues
- Provides and approves all requirements, use cases, knowledge articles, etc. in support of new or improving functionality of the CMS;
- Controls CMS access and permissions in accordance with Identity and Access Management policy;
- Carries out the Process Manager responsibilities for the Configuration Management process;
- Deputize for higher grade staff, if required;
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- expertise in duties related to function of post;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Configuration Management, Configuration Control and Status Accounting;
- Experience and knowledge of Configuration Management Toolset Architecture and delivering such architecture;
- Experience in designing Federated Configuration Management Solutions and CI normalization;
- Experience to design table and database structures against requirements;
- Experience with both Oracle and SQL Server;
- Experience in ITIL process implementation for both Change and Configuration Management;
- Experience in chairing/leading technical meetings and committees;
- Knowledge of Quality Management principles.
Desirable Experience and Education:
- Designer tool experience such as Oracle Designer, Rational Rose
- OpenSearch 1.1 (Draft 6), RFC 7303, RFC 4287, RSS 2.0W3C
- XML 1.0;
- Application of Quality Assurance and Independent Verification & Validation procedures and testing
- Post-secondary training in IT.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
€250 - €300 Daily
€55k - €65k Annual
€470 - €470 Daily
€300 - €400 Daily
€400 - €450 Daily