Quality Assurance Analyst
Posted on Mar 20, 2020 by Altus Group
Posting Date - March
Closing Date - April
Salary - Competitive
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of independent advisory services, software and data solutions to the global commercial real estate industry. Our business reflects decades of experience, a range of expertise and technology-enabled capabilities. Our solutions empower clients to analyse, gain market insight and recognise value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,500 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific.
We are at the centre of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
Who we need
Altus Group has an opportunity for a QA Analyst to join our team in Paris working on the ARGUS Taliance product. This is a manual QA tester role, with an opportunity to dig deep and broaden your skills, including introducing automation.
Who you are
An innovative problem-solver, you are flexible but process-focused and you know how to balance urgency with long-term payoff. You are a linear thinker; yet, you are incredibly adept at thinking of all possible answers. You are never in a panic but you know how to get work done quickly, and accurately. Integrity of test results is your priority and you are on a continuous search for improvements.
What's in it for you
Influence, autonomy and career growth. If you are in a QA role within an enterprise organization, this is a chance to move into a start-up-like environment, and gain exposure to automation testing, business analyst work, and product development. We need a QA Analyst who enjoys working in small teams, at a fast-pace, in two week sprints; jumping from discussions with product managers to developers. You want to focus on the big picture and the details. This is a growing company with multiple global products; a place where you can gain exposure to different teams and tools, rapidly growing your skill set and your career.
Here's what our QA Analyst will do:
- Be Agile. You will actively participate in weekly sprints and deliverables, contributing to endorsement, sizing, planning and retrospectives.
- Manual and automated testing. You will test newly developed features as well as conduct regression testing of the existing system to ensure a high quality of software. You will:
- Work across all areas of the system including modelling, financial reports, UI, UX and integration (CSV, Database, ARGUS Enterprise, etc.).
- Analyze feature requirements and devise appropriate and thorough test plans.
- Create and execute weekly test plans.
- Produce complex test data that reflects how our clients use the system. This involves developing a good understanding of the structure of Real Estate Investment Management data and reporting.
- Script tests and automate them as much as possible.
- Collaborate. You will work alongside the development team and product management team to resolve all issues as efficiently as possible. You will also work closely with the client support team to address and track cases raised by clients, generating a weekly report for the group on quality KPIs.
- Be proactive. You will conduct research, suggest solutions, and generally do whatever it takes.
- Challenge. You will proactively raise relevant issues and risks to the team, and follow up as needed. You will ask questions and challenge acceptance criteria, to ensure clarity and completeness from a QA standpoint.
How do we know that's you? You have:
- Education. You have a diploma or degree, ideally but not required in computer science or a related discipline.
- Transparent communication style - and bilingualism. You have outstanding written and verbal skills in French and English. You are able to relay - and comprehend - both user requirements and technical details.
- Experience. You are passionate about QA and applying testing principles. You have hands-on exposure to manual testing as well as automation. You have direct experience working with data centric applications systems and you are comfortable testing in a Java environment and API testing.
- Technical toolkit. You have experience with a range of tools including:
- MS SQL Server, SSRS.
- TestComplete, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) and Team Foundation Server (TFS/Azure DevOps).
- AWS testing and automation.
- An appreciation for cross-team collaboration. You want to be part of a responsive, Agile team and you can adapt to rapidly changing priorities under tight deadlines.
- Fast. We are responsive and fast, developing new solutions and features that meet the demands of our users. With the solid financial stability of our bigger parent-group, we can offer the best of both worlds - cool tech, great benefits, challenges and rewards.
- First. We continuously innovate to stay ahead of our competitors. We set the standard for the PropTech industry.
- Fun. From social Fridays to summer sailing; from holiday parties to mid-winter hackathons, we know how to take a step back and relax with co-workers.
- Future-focused. As an organisation, we are focused on growing our reach and our product offering. For anyone joining us, this means the chance to work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients and grow your own career moving up to the next level, choosing to specialise or exploring different product teams.
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.