Posted on Mar 20, 2020 by Levy Associates Ltd
Data Engineers/AWS Platform/Next Gen Data Platform
Our financial client which is based in the Netherlands is currently looking for multiple Data Engineers. The client is setting up and building their 'next gen' data platform which is based on an AWS Platform.
Together with Cloud and Data Architects you will be designing, building and implementing new features around data products and features and will be improving their functionalities in close collaboration with stakeholders.
Your main tasks:
- You solve complex data issues and perform root cause analyzes, so that you resolve any product and/or operational issues in advance
- You are responsible for cleaning, preparing and structuring data for intake and consumption
- Analyze and profile your data to design scalable solutions
- Support and maintain your implemented solutions to ensure availability, according to the requirements of this environment
- Anticipate, identify and solve your data management related issues to improve data quality
- And you ensure correct and up-to-date documentation
- Basic cloud certification as AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Insight into data structures and file types, such as Avro, Parquet, Json, CSV, TSV
- Extensive understanding of data modelling (Imnon, Kimball, Data Vault, Anchor Modeling, big data), solution and technical design and architecture and automation frameworks based on metadata
- A solid knowledge of and experience with the principles and activities of high volume, variety and velocity business intelligence, data warehousing, reporting and analysis platforms.
- And with a proven background in architecture and implementation of applications, which integrate with OLTP and external systems
- Strong insight into complex data solutions end-to-end in large organizations.
- Experience with Relational SQL Languages
- Preferably knowledge with: AWS Cloud S3, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, CI/CD tooling, Automation.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.