Posted on Mar 20, 2020 by Levy Associates Ltd
Big Data/Scala Developer
Recently, we implemented a Big Data solution based on Spark/Hadoop technology. The first project went live and we have many upcoming. We like to welcome a new specialist in our 'small' Big Data team in order to support the increase in our business.
Your role will be divers. Application development, testing, support and maintenance are all included. Also data analyses and fresh out-of-the box thinking is more than appreciated.
You are going to work in a small team of high skilled professionals. You will participate is several business projects where you have to interact with stakeholders from IT, Risk, Compliance, Commerce and Operations.
Based on your knowledge and experience you will develop, test and implement Big Data solutions as team effort. Also we expect you to keep up with the ongoing changes in technology and advise us on potential solutions.
Big Data is a focus area for us and we have proven us already.
Check your profile:
- Academic or HBO work and thinking level.
- At least 4 years' experience in IT development like
- At least 4 years' experience with Scala
- Proven experience with Spark/Hadoop
- Strong analytical skills
- Affinity with financial markets and the products traded there.
- Excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
- Team player with a hands-on mentality
- share their knowledge.
- And last but not least we work in a great informal work environment where initiative is rewarded and respected.
We use our knowledge, skills and network to help our clients. We want our clients to achieve their goals based on sensible decisions, in the Netherlands and abroad. We put our clients' interests first in everything we do.
We want our clients to understand our products, and we don't hesitate to tell them 'no' if a product involves too much risk for the client. This client-centric approach also means that we communicate clearly and put forward smart solutions that make a real difference. That's what we want.