Senior System Engineer
Posted on Mar 19, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
My client is hiring a senior system engineer for the IT development department of the Digitization and Organization Department within the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries.
The senior system engineer is part of the Windows Server Team and helps fulfil the tasks for which the team is responsible.
- Follow up and solve 2nd and 3rd line incidents
- Execution of small implementation questions regarding the offered services
- Execution of line-of-business releases on Application Servers
- Perform maintenance of the Citrix XenApp Servers/Remote Desktop Session Hosts
- General maintenance and follow-up of the Windows Server park
The candidate must at least meet the following competences. This must be evident from the candidate's CV.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and demonstrable experience (5 years) with Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies
- Demonstrable knowledge of and demonstrable experience (5 years) with Windows Server 2012 or higher
- Demonstrable knowledge of and demonstrable experience (5 years) with Windows Infrastructure Services (DHCP, DNS, PXE)
Knowledge of one or more of the following technologies count as advantages:
- Windows PowerShell
- Microsoft Skype for Business 2015
- Microsoft IIS Application Servers
- UniPrint Infinity Suite
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 1606 or higher
- Microsoft ISA Server 2004 Forward Proxy
- Microsoft ISA Server 2006 Reverse Proxy
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 R2 or higher
- VMWare vSphere v5.1 or higher
- Citrix XenApp 6.5
- Citrix XenDesktop 5.5
- Citrix NetScaler
- CommVault Simpana v10 Backup
- Microsoft Intune
- Microsoft Web Application Proxy
- Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2013 or higher
- Microsoft DirectAccess
- Troubleshooting skills
- Documentation skills
- Come up with new ideas on your own initiative
- Keeping abreast of new developments and transferring this knowledge to colleagues
- Degree of motivation for the execution of the assignment.
The position is located in the Digitization and Organization department within the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries.
This department is responsible for:
* coordination and implementation of organizational and HR policy;
* the coordination and implementation of the logistics policy;
* coordinating information policy, information management and supporting the digitization of the organization;
* coordination of data policy, data management;
* the coordination and implementation of the IT policy;
* the coordination and implementation of the communication policy, including the Flemish Rural Network;
* the financial management of the Flemish Paying Agency, the Flemish Agricultural Investment Fund, the financial instrument for the Flemish fisheries and aquaculture sector and the Common Fund
* the Internal Audit.
All applicants for this role must speak Dutch