Lead SAP PP/MM Engineer
Posted on Mar 19, 2020 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Lead SAP PP/MM Engineer
- Responsible for the collection, analysis and documentation of customer processes/business requirements and translating into SAP system concepts.
- Coordinating with business and IT to define, design and implement SAP Materials Management (MM), SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) and Production Planning (PP) modules.
- As part of new projects, rollouts and enhancements, gathering business requirements by conducting & leading workshops and preparing business blue print and customizing configurations, writing functional specifications and working with ABAP developers for reports, interfaces & other custom programs (WRICEF).
- Maintain good working relationships with users and external vendors providing products or services utilized by the organization
- Data migration and conversion of master data processes, design and development and integration between MM and surrounding modules like SD, TM, PP, FI, CO with LSMW tools.
- Experience with EDI and IDocs Interfaces (SAP and non-SAP systems) - 810, 830, 856 EDI types.
- Monthly Forecasting upload process in external tool called Atlas.
- Re-engineering existing business process and implementing for more efficiency at less cost and time.
- Documenting business processes and managing transport management system by importing transports and adhere to SOX compliance process. Resolving day-to-day production SAP issues and ensuring business is running.
- Preparation of training documents and train end users as needed.
- Ownership and Updating ticket status in Remedy ticketing tool (BMC) and updating project status in share point. Manage outsource resources and monitor their workload.
- Provide governance on modifications to existing systems and software modules in accordance to written specifications and standards.
- On-call availability for 24*7 call-in support
- 5 +years of experience in information technology in the manufacturing environment supporting a ERP system
- In depth knowledge of SAP Materials Management, Production Planning and Supplier Relationship Management;
- Results-oriented individual with positive attitude, strong leadership abilities, organization skills and must be flexible
- Experience coordinating with business and IT to identify and define, business processes, gaps, and provide design recommendations and solutions
- Experience with data migration and conversion of master data processes, design, development and integration between SAP SD, TM, PP, FI, CO, MM and LSMW tools
- Experience with forecasting tools such as Atlas
- Experience handling EDI and IDOC Interfaces for SAP and non-SAP systems;
- Experience with at least 2 full life cycle SAP implementations including Go-Live Support in the area of SAP Materials Management, Production Planning with Supplier Relationship Management a plus
- Experience with SAP's Enterprise Buyer Professional EBP is preferred, must be willing to learn
- Experience resolving day-today production issues, and ensure business is running while adhering to SOX compliance processes
- Experience partnering with users, management and IT staff in a team based environment
- Must be result and customer service oriented and adaptable to ongoing change
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and in cooperation with others on multiple activities, with flexibility to manage competing demands and changing priorities
- Experience working in an outsourced environment as well as managing resources
- Experience in a manufacturing company preferred
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: