2nd line Infrastructure Systems Administrator
Posted on Mar 19, 2020 by DVC Technologies
2 nd line IT Systems Administrator
Having experienced exceptional growth over the last 5 years, we require a driven individual to join our IT Support team.
You will act as the primary point of contact for your assigned tickets raised by both phone or email as well quickly identifying the priority of the issue and ensuring they are dealt with within an agreed SLA. You will need to be able to demonstrate strong communication skills with clients, peers and senior members of the team, enabling the gathering of all relevant information around the issues & correctly recording this within the service management system. Where necessary you will escalate issues to the relevant team and report key information to the IT Manager. The role requires you to be able to move from one issue to another efficiently, whilst dealing with a broad range of technologies and end user abilities.
- Provide one-on-one end-user incident & service request resolution over the phone and remotely for support Issues
- Deliver, asset tag, set up, and assist in the configuration of end-user workstation hardware, software and peripherals
- Diagnose and resolve end-user network or local printer problems, PC hardware problems, e-mail, Internet, and local-area network access problems
- Coordinate timely repair of workstation equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements
- Perform minor desktop hardware repair for workstation equipment and peripherals that are not covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements
- Help install local area network cabling systems and equipment such as network interface cards, hubs and switches.
Your Skills and Capabilities:
- Previous experience with a ticketing system.
- Troubleshooting connectivity issues including firewalls, VPN, WAN & WIFI.
- Windows Server deployment and troubleshooting.
- Experiencing managing monitoring systems such as PTRG.
- Advanced Windows desktop support.
- Virtualisation - VMware, HyperV.
- 1 or 2 Years' experience on a Help Desk.
- Strong Customer service Ethos.
- Previous experience with on-prem Exchange and Exchange Online.
- Network security and cyber security.
- VOIP & telecommunications support
- Awareness of Cloud Technology: AWS, Azure
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft 365 Administration, Mimecast and Sophos Cloud Products
- Demonstrate previous experience within a similar position and be able to work to deadlines in a fast- paced environment.
- Have a calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a positive "Can Do" attitude, with a polite, professional and tenacious telephone manner together with being organised and pro-active.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to establish and maintain good customer relationships,
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£27k - £30k Annual
£35 - £40 Hourly
£23k - £26k Annual