Principle Data Analyst
Posted on Mar 19, 2020 by DCV Technologies
Principle Data Analyst
Looking for an experienced and professional Principle Data Analyst with demonstrable experience in the consultancy space - preferably data consultancy to work alongside insight sales colleagues.
The Principal Data Analyst will be accountable for the delivery of analytical insight served as part of the data consultancy services. Experienced in analysis of data, consultancy, and working closely with clients to understand what they want to achieve, they will lead the team responsible for defining and crafting the analytical solutions to client problems. Technically hands-on they will innovate using analytical tools and techniques on data, yet also be adept at building client relationships, and eloquent in the communication of insight to clients who are not necessarily data savvy
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in the consultancy space - preferably data consultancy.
- Some knowledge of the HE sector is desirable, but not essential.
- Flexibility to manage in an ambiguous, fast-moving, consulting environment.
- Demonstrable experience in manipulating and analysing large data sets to create insights and value (minimum of three years).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to explain technical insights to a nontechnical audience, at all levels.
- Extensive knowledge of at least one analytical programming language, such as R, Python, or SAS.
- Customer-centric and outcome driven attitude.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Together with insight sales consultants, lead, develop, and execute data consultancy projects.
- Work with, and alongside, consultancy clients to develop a deep understanding of their needs, shape subsequent proposals, and deliver in line with agreed contracts - with accountability for the analytical insight and solutions required to deliver these services.
- Lead a team of data consultants using analytical tools to innovate, design, and implement data-driven solutions that address identified client requirements, using either company, client, or third party data to appropriate effect.
- Deliver reports and presentations containing accurate, innovative, data-driven insight and evidence-based recommendations, maintaining the integrity of the company brand at the same time as delivering to client expectations.
- Manage client and stakeholder relationships - quickly establishing rapport and credibility.
- Manage stakeholder expectations, by communicating progress to colleagues and clients in a clear and timely manner.
- Develop technical and consultancy skills in a team of data scientists.
- Provide analytical insight required to support company Media sales, e.g. provision of templated 'masterclass' presentations.
- Responsible for supporting company Media in sales and consultancy revenue targets.
- Up to £60,000 per annum, with 30 days annual leave, voluntary flexible benefits, paid volunteering days, and a contributory stakeholder pension. It's not just about the financial benefits - on-site you can also benefit from our restaurant, affordable gym membership, free parking, unlimited tea and coffee, and many other perks. You'll enjoy an exciting, agile working environment, with a vibrant culture and flexible approach to work, all of which reflects our teamwork and innovative spirit.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£100 - £130 Daily
£53k - £58k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual