Posted on Mar 19, 2020 by DCV Technologies
We have a fantastic opportunity for an exceptional NOC Engineer who is either CCNP or JNCIS certified to work with a varied client base and a wide range of vendors. You will have a strong character and positive attitude, someone who doesn't accept the status-quo and will challenge why things are done the way they are
The NOC Engineer will be involved in a good mix of both BAU and Project work and will be in a highly varied role covering switching & routing, security, Wifi and Telephony.
The NOC Engineer will come from a similar ISP / NOC environment and very familiar with working a varied client base and a wide range of different vendors. Experience of NOC Engineering, Cisco, Juniper, VoIP, QoS, MPLS
The role will involve some night works for maintenance and will be shared amongst the team.
- Minimum 2 years' experience as an ISP/NOC engineer
- Experience in configuration, administration and troubleshooting of switches, routers and firewalls
- Experience of JUNOS and Juniper SRX, QFX, MX and EX -series products
- Knowledge of QoS and traffic management techniques
- Experience designing, deploying and configuring Telephony (VoIP)
- Good knowledge of network management systems
- Experience in high level technical escalation
- Professional certification - CCNP or JNCIS
- VMware ESXi
- Positive attitude capable of remaining positive when under pressure
- A strong communicator
- Someone who doesn't accept the status-quo and will challenge why things are done the way they are
- Work well with others, in a collaborative environment and to use their own initiative.
- Solution focused and flexible approach to problem solving
- Able to prioritise own workload and manage regular interruptions to remain productive.