Posted on Mar 19, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client in Zurich, a Swiss Bank, we are looking for an Operational Analyst for a 6 months project
Job Title: Operational Analyst
Duration: ASAP - 18/09/2020
Overview of business area or project:
The FXMMOTC Cash Settlement area is responsible for the day to day settlement (book, pay, settle, confirm) of a variance of products like OTC derivatives on FX, rates and equity. The team has tight collaboration and communication with our trading desks, internal support areas and bank counterparties around the globe.
- Book transactions - enter payments and postings to the general ledger into Operations systems
- Reconcile transactions (FOBO) - compare trade booking in Front Office and Back Office systems
- Investigate and resolve breaks - based on email queries or FOBO (Front Office Back Office)
Overview of the department/team (team size, backgrounds, personalities):
The FXMMOTC Cash Settlement team is a team of 10 located in Switzerland and consists of a wide variety of backgrounds and personalities. Our work environment is professional and friendly. We aim to fully integrate contractors into our team in all respects.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
The main challenges are performing the daily settlement task in an efficient, customer-, risk- and cost-oriented way, detecting sources of error and deriving error- and loss-reduction measures and process improvements.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Fluency in English
- Good communication skills and pronounced service orientation
- Proficiency in MS Excel (good basic understanding)
- Ability and willingness to closely collaborate in a team
- Sense of responsibility, ability to get things done
- Being able to cope with repetitive, sometimes monotonous tasks
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- German is a very big plus
- 2-3 years of Banking Operations experience would be a very big plus
For further details please contact Aleksandra Kalicka: