Business Technology Consultant
Posted on Mar 18, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
Business Technology Consultant working in a leading Pharmaceutical company
Looking for business technology consultants to join a newly created group called CTS (Collaboration, Technology and Strategy) within the AMDS function (Advanced Methods and Data Science).
* Provide support in collecting business requirements and coordinating them with IT
. Engage with both the user community and IT colleagues
. Running small PoC projects to facilitate the exploration of new tools and methods
. Jointly work with IT and other business colleagues to make sure new capabilities are implemented in a way that they are fit-for-purpose
. Support the creation and maintenance of user documentation, policies and training material
--> Background Experince in Either: Pharmaceutical, Life-Science or Biotechnology Industry
-- Non-technical skills
- Desire to learn something new every day
- You understand that implementing a technical solution is not the end - it is just one step in a journey and much more is needed to ensure the long-term succes
- Understanding of GxP principles (21 CFR Part 11) and its application on IT systems
- Good written and oral communication skills in English are required.
- Ability to understand and communicate the "Scientific" as well as "IT" speak
--- Technical Skills
Conceptual and practical understanding of at least 3 of the below items
- Linux administration skills (RHEL/CentOS)
- Automated scientific software provisioning (eg EasyBuild, spack, ...)
- High Performance Computing (LSF, SLURM, GPFS, Low Latency Networks)
- Basic knowledge of R and/or Python
- Container technologies: Docker, EKS, OpenShift
- Awareness of cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Demonstrated experience applying parallel computing and/or big data processing
Highlights of the soft-skill requirements: Willing to learn on the job and mental agility
Additional information: Working with Clinical Development & Analytics Departments as well as various IT Departments (NBS IT, NIBR IT)
Educational & work experience background preferences: Good solid generalist technical background, Master and/or PhD in either IT or science subjects preferred.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.