Forecourt Services Engineer
Posted on Mar 18, 2020 by Adler & Allan
Salary: Dependant on experience
Hours of Work: Between 6am to 5pm, Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch
About the Company:
The Adler and Allan Group provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
We are an ambitious team who are focused on growth, putting out customers at the heart of what we do, and we live our values of Safety, Service, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise. Our culture is can-do, fun and where everyone has a part to play. If you want to help businesses and protect the environment, this role could be for you. In return you will be rewarded with a great package, fantastic culture, challenging role and an opportunity for development and progression.
The Forecourt Services Engineer Role:
Operating anywhere in the UK & Ireland, the post holder will be required to operate as part of a team, working alongside other Engineers, fulfilling works for major oil companies & independent customers. The post holder will be required to contribute to the operation of numerous departments within the Forecourt Services team, including testing, specialist tank maintenance, drainage and any other department as requested. The post holder will be required to identifying root causes of problems and provide customers with long term solution. The duties of this post include a high degree of manual work. The post holder is required to operate any Company vehicle for which they are suitably qualified to undertake. As the duties of this post constitute those of a professional driver, all operation of Company vehicles must be undertaken in a safe manner and fully compliant with all relative law and legislation.
The hours of work associated with this post are flexible, between 6am to 5pm, Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch. It is expected there will be a degree of flexibility to suit the needs of the business. This will include the need for the postholder to stay away overnight. Participation in a call out rota is required, and possible weekend working may be required to fulfil client requirements.
Forecourt Services Engineer Responsibilities:
* Operating independently, or as part of team to perform and deliver service to all customers of the Company. This will include for example, tank and line testing, drainage, VR testing and tank dewatering. This is not an exhaustive list. Onsite training will be provided
* Respond and react to call outs for critical issues
* To satisfy the duties of a site supervisor/lead operative when the occasion is presented. This will include attending site briefings as a company representative and on occasion, act as team leader
* Carry out near miss & potential incident reporting. In-house training will be provided
* Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
* Maintain a clean vehicle and ensure all equipment, tools, PPE and other work items are in good order and repair and available for use at all times. The postholder is expected to inform supervision as soon as any damage is identified.
* Completion of all works in a timely manner; this includes all paperwork and submission to supervision.
* Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
* Any other duties for which the postholder is qualified for and capable of undertaking.
Forecourt Services Engineer Requirements:
* At least 2 years in a similar role
* Previous knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation onsite, in addition to experience working in a similar environment in a role involving a high degree of manual labour
* Demonstrate a willingness to undertake any additional training to increase capability of the Forecourt Services team in supplying a service to customers
* Possess a clean UK driving licence with categories to operate company vehicles up to 3.5 tonne (Due to the travel associated with this role)
* We are seeking to appoint an experienced individual who can make an immediate contribution to the team and wider group wishing to develop a career with the Company
Forecourt Services Engineer Benefits:
* Free onsite parking
* Pension scheme
* Refer a friend scheme
* Company awards with prizes
* Regular opportunities for training and development
* 21 days holiday + bank holidays
* Progression opportunities
* Competitive salary, negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
* All uniform/workwear provided
* Specialist and power tools provided
If you think that you are suitable for this Forecourt Services Engineer role, please apply now!
If you are ex-armed forces personnel and are unsure if your experience meets the requirements for this role, please contact us to discuss further. We have a good understanding of military terminology and can assess if your previous experience and knowledge meets the minimum requirements of this role. We also offer training to support your capability in the role and further progress your career. Adler and Allan are committed to supporting both ex-military personnel making the transition to a new career, and reservists looking for employment whilst continuing to undertake reservist duties.