Junior Systems Administrator - Linux/Windows Workstations
Posted on Mar 18, 2020 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Junior Windows/Linux Systems Administrator
Looking for a sharp end user support candidate that wants to work for a trading firm in Chicago. You will need 1-3 years professional experience. You will be doing 80% Front End user support, 20% Back End. You will learn tol work on Linux and windows workstations. Must have a willingness to learn all entry level tasks and will have a chance to participate in larger projects. Some experience in basic support and troubleshooting is required.
- Install and configure Linux and MS Windows workstations.
- Troubleshoot basic desktop environmental issues.
- Install various desktop peripherals (monitors, keyboards, mice).
- Install and configure Windows applications (MS Office, Adobe, etc...)
Advanced tasks to be assigned based on skill level:
- Perl/Python/Shell Scripting
- Linux OS troubleshooting
- Network troubleshooting
- Build Servers from BIOS to OS
Must have a Bachelor's Degree
- Prior experience in desktop support role
- Windows desktop support experience
- Microsoft Office experience
- Basic level of network troubleshooting and analysis