Linux Server Engineer - Redhat
Posted on Mar 18, 2020 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Linux Redhat Server Engineer - this is a long term contract opportunity for an experienced Engineer to join a globally operating Basel based company in the financial sector.
- 5+ years of work experience in a relevant role along with being certified as Red Hat Professional
- Solid knowledge in automation using Ansible and Ansible Tower paired with Scripting experience, ideally with Python and Perl in addition to backup solutions ideally with Avarmar or NetWorker
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems administration as well as systems management and provisioning using Red Hat Satellite 6 and Capsules
- Familiarity with Red Hat identity management, Systems monitoring like Nagios and Prometheus, container technology and container orchestrator like OpenShift along with configuration management focusing on Puppet
- Wide-ranging understanding of IT best practice and its application in a business atmosphere as well as latest trends in technology, customer and vendor management
- University degree, equivalent in a related technical role or adequate qualification in IT
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken, German, French or Italian is favorable
- Being responsible for ensuring best practice implementation of core server and infrastructure application technologies as well as the maintenance and operations of the corporate backup platform
- Managing and evolving existing technologies, ensuring a secure, supportable plus highly available environment
- Providing a steady infrastructure, network, database along with infrastructure application environment for a range of applications as assigned
- Assisting and maintaining business critical infrastructure applications including involvement in developing new processes ensuring the reliability and suitability regarding industry leading hardware technologies
- Testing, coordinating and implementing changes related to new releases or design changes to the environment in collaboration with different internal teams and external service providers
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.