Lead Global Cyber Security Incident Engineer
Posted on Mar 17, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Lead Cyber Security and Incident Response Engineer. Candidate will be responsible for directing the detailed technical response activities of the incident handling team. This role will lead by forming strong partnerships within the organization and guide their team members by providing vision, strategy, and prioritization to identify and gain efficiencies in the incident handling, incident response, and digital forensics. This role will be the initial point of contact for new technologies that may be needed to enhance services within Global Security Center.
- Ownership of the procedural critical incident plan
- Ownership and maintenance of the incident handling, incident response, and digital forensics training program for Company teams
- Be a champion for incident handling services and information security including broadening awareness and use of the teams services, education of security best practices, and integration with other business areas.
- Serve as technical point of contact for new technologies to be used by the Global Security Center teams, with emphasis on incident handling and forensics
- Work with teams within and outside of information security as needed to provide guidance and oversight of technologies that may need to be used by the personnel of the incident handling, incident response, and digital forensics teams to accomplish their responsibilities
- Closely support and collaborate with other Cyber Security Operations teams
- Provide leadership on critical incidents as needed
- Build strong partnerships with technical teams to promote best practices for incident handing, incident response, and digital forensics within cloud solutions.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to team members with regard to incident handling techniques, incident investigation and case reporting procedures, digital forensic techniques, incident and threat research, and career development.
- Continuously develop training exercises for the incident handling, incident response, and digital forensics teams
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree or equivalent experience in Information Security, Engineering, Computers Science, or related field
- 10+ years experience in information security and/or cyber incident investigations
- 5+ years experience in network security
- Familiar with industry standard security best practices for information security and cyber security operations
- Advanced experience in incident response
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think clearly and make decisions under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross functional teams, including offsite, remote and offshore resources
- Experience working in very large enterprise environment with diverse teams.
- Experience guiding and coaching others in subject matter
- Excels at prioritizing work and other demands for self
- Ability to define, communicate, and execute on a vision and strategy
- Effective written, verbal communication skills. Ability to tailor communication style to audience at hand
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical resources
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-directed, works with minimal guidance, and recognizes when guidance needed
Security Certifications Preferred:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- Certified Intrusion Analyst (GIAC)
- Certified Ethical hacker (CEH)
- Certified Expert penetration tester (CEPT)
- Networking Certifications (CCNA, etc)
- Platform Certifications (Microsoft, Linux, Solaris, etc)