Middleware Technical Team Lead
Posted on Mar 17, 2020 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Middleware Technical Team Lead.
Looking for a well rounded person who understands Middleware technologies, JBoss knowledge is a must. you will oversee people and consultants. Oversee projects upgrades version controls all communications repository systems across application deliverables database a lead type who can manage all upgrades and migrations.
- Implementing changes and improvements to Company business services through a mix of application Middleware configuration and engineering activities
- Identifying all dependencies and subsequent tasks necessary for Company Middleware upgrade and migration efforts by reviewing release notes and hands-on analysis
- Documenting applicaton settings and configuration parameters necessary for Company applications to perform reliably and effectively
- Troubleshooting production issues within the application Middleware/development domain as needed
- Benchmarking, tuning, and functional testing of Company applications in support of upgrades and platform migrations
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8-10 years of Middleware Engineering experience
- Proven success in Middleware Developer/Engineer and/or DevOps positions
- Expert working knowledge of JBoss EAP, Tomcat, JVM, and Apache configuration and integration
- Expert knowledge of Scripting languages such as Perl, bash, sh, and csh.
- Expert in technical concepts such as connection pooling, caching, transaction management, and threading
- Superior knowledge in JDBC and ODBC database clients and configuration such as jConnect and OpenClient for ASE
- Hands-on experience in Application Server migration and upgrade projects specifically JBoss EAP, Tomcat, and Apache
- Able to read and translate technical release notes into project tasks and dependencies for upgrade and migration efforts
- A working knowledge of Middleware support and engineering in a RHEL environment including RPM packaging and release management
- A working knowledge of version control and software repository systems and tools specifically Subversion, Tortoise, and Nexus
- Ability to initiate and complete work assignments accurately and on time, with minimal supervision