Technical Writer/Documentation Manager needed Roche Diagnostics
Posted on Mar 17, 2020 by ITech Consult
Technical Writer/Documentation Manager needed R oche Diagnostics
Within the Global Customer Support (GCS) organization, the CPS (Centralized and Point-of-Care Solutions) & SIS (Solution Integration & Services) Core Lab Documentation Department provides user and service documentation for various Roche diagnostic analyzers, workflow solutions and IT software and applications. The list of deliverables includes a wide range of printed and electronic documents, such as User Guides, Quick Start Guides, Service Manuals, Host Interface Manuals and User Assistance.
- Writes and updates end User, Service and Host Interface Documentation in English for Roche instruments and software while respecting project requirements and documentation standards.
- Plan, develops, organizes and edits operational procedures for user and service documentation
- Independently collects information required to produce the documents.
- Cooperates closely with service personnel, trainers, developers, and other subject matter experts.
- Organizes documentation reviews by subject matter experts, and implements their input.
- Ensures that quality targets, timelines, and regulatory requirements are respected.
- Is enthusiastic about technical writing and contributes to frequent discussions aimed at the continuous improvement of our processes and guidelines.
- Executes international documentation projects independently.
- Coordinates the work of a documentation project team consisting of technical writers (in-house and external), terminologists, illustrators, and translators.
- Is responsible for documentation project planning, cost control, meeting quality targets and timelines, fulfilling regulatory requirements, and respecting given documentation standards.
- Manages localization projects (for software and documentation) in close collaboration with software development and country organizations.
- Provides the interface between the documentation team, the development project team and other departments.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of documentation processes and tools.
- Apprenticeship and/or undergraduate degree in an electronic, mechanical, information technology, scientific or linguistic discipline; a further education eg in informatics or technical documentation is a plus.
- Proven experience in technical writing.
- Excellent spoken and written command of English (native/fluent speaker or equivalent level).
- Experience with Schema ST4 or comparable Content Management Systems.
- Proven experience with Adobe FrameMaker (structured) or a similar authoring tool.
- Familiarity with software development processes.
- Ability to quickly learn complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text, pictures and/or videos.
- Ability to communicate in an international environment and motivate colleagues from different functional areas.
- Strong skills in the organization, planning, prioritization, and management of stakeholders and their expectations.
- Good knowledge of translation, localization and project management tools.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with iterative/agile software development methods, such as scrum.
- Familiarity with laboratory systems and environments is an advantage.
Industry: Medical Devices
Location: Region Zug
Duration: 12 Months +
Work Load: 100%
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.
Contact me for further information regarding our company, our positions or our attractive payroll-only-program: