Junior/Professional Lab Technician
Posted on Mar 17, 2020 by ITech Consult
Junior/Professional Lab Technician- English/BSL2/Haematology/daily lab routine/German
For our partner Roche Diagnostics in Rotkreuz we are looking for a highly motivated and qualified Lab Technician
In the Business Area Centralised Point of Care Solutions a new R&D team was established to develop the next generation of highly innovative and patient oriented Lab Haematology IVD systems for Central Lab solutions.
In the Application Development Team we are searching for an Application Specialist/Lab Technician to support us in the daily laboratory routine as wells as preparation, execution and documentation of experiments.
We are looking for a junior profile with a first experience in working with biological material to assist in the day-to-day tasks in the lab
(track inventories, support with sample management etc.)
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Support in the Biosafety level 2 (BSL-2) laboratory
* maintaining of the laboratory, laboratory analyzers and analytical instruments,
* tracking laboratory inventory (eg supplies, specimens, raw materials, reagents)
* performing daily routines,
* running controls and processing samples
* Close collaboration with scientists, engineers and hematology experts:
* support by conducting laboratory experiments and protocol testing on specific equipment (eg Hematology Analyzers)
* Independent preparation and documentation of experiments including data analysis
* 1st experience (Min 1 year) in working with biological material and potentially infectious samples in a BSL-2 laboratory
* Apprenticeship as lab technician (Biology, Medical Diagnostics, Chemistry) or a Bachelors/Master's degree in Natural Science (Biology, Biotechnology) Biochemistry or cognate disciplines
* English AND German (*)
* Very Good MS Office and documentation skills
* Experience with data analyses (eg Excel)
* Flexibility, ability to grasp quickly new topics, understand problems and work independently
* Cooperation in an interdisciplinary and intercultural team
Nice to haves:
* Experience in hematology lab
Please note the manager is not searching for someone with a PhD Degree.
Reference No.: 919174SGR
Role: Junior/Professional Lab Technician
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.