Posted on Mar 17, 2020 by NP Group
Contract Assignment: Network Engineer
Start Date: 01/04/2020
Duration: 6 months
Rate: €450-500 a day
Locations: Cork, Ireland + travel to mainland Europe when needed (Mainly Germany and France)
Project Scope: Main location will be Ireland, but travel to other EMEA sites are required. The Network Engineers will be supporting the implementation efforts through the customer sites. Travel will be required to the sites as needed; they must be able to travel to European locations to perform network installations of WAN, LAN and/or wireless, including Cisco/Viptela SD-WAN.
My client a Global IT Systems Integrator have an immediate requirement for a Network Engineer. The project is to ensure that best practices and methodologies are applied when providing support to a global systems integrator at their customer site.
Required Skills to complete assignment:
- Perform and manage large network design upgrades and hardware re-configurations
- Assist in the development of network/security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures relevant to IT infrastructure.
- Serve as a high-level technical resource on large scale network/security issues
- Diagnoses and resolves complex network operating problems utilizing technical assistance from vendors, common carriers and IT management
- Develop and provide reports on network performance and utilization to management
- Proactively identify, analyze, and resolve network and system problems
- Support enterprise network infrastructure including all hardware, software, Server Operating systems and communications equipment configurations
- Troubleshoot routing and inter-connectivity problems including troubleshooting of network device hardware failures
- Engineering, configuration, installation, maintenance and upgrade of SD-WAN necessary to support the services provided by the company
- Providing technical support to customers, other engineers in the organization and departments/users.
- Reviewing and resolving anomalies that are broad and potentially service impacting.
- Researching, evaluating, recommending and deploying hardware and software solutions
- Acting as an escalation point for customer issues
- Planning of implementation activities prior to the installation and/or configuration of technical solutions
Networking People (UK) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.