Posted on Mar 14, 2020 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
6+ month contract to hire
Systems Engineer Linux
Bonus 5% and $6k porfit sharing
Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI
Looking for a candidate with Linux Red Hat, VMware, Scripting for automation.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER - Linux
- Design, plan and implement enterprise-wide Unix system solutions.
- Support server software and hardware plus related applications and systems.
- Design systems that proactively monitor health and performance of systems and infrastructure.
- Assist in capacity planning, data center buildouts and performing software/firmware upgrades.
- Implement tools to provide analytic trend analysis and performance data.
- Assist in standardized design of new and existing processes and policies.
- Document existing systems architecture and technology portfolio.
- Recommend improvements and/or alternatives for existing systems.
- Develop automation programs and scripts using Shell Scripting.
- Research and recommend emerging technologies to increase cost effectiveness, system ability and future expandability.
- Facilitate, lead and document meetings and discussions.
- Act as a liaison between IT management and remote branches and technicians.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field. Master's degree a plus.
- 5+ years experience with design, build and administration of Red Hat Linux preferred.
- Experience working on VMware virtualization preferred.
- IT certifications such as RHCE, RHCA, RHCSA preferred.
- Shell Scripting (Bash, Korn, Perl) knowledge for automation.
- Experience with automation tools such as Puppet, Red Hat Satellite, Ansible and Nagios.
- Working experience with IBM AIX, VIOS, HMC, clustered file systems and GPFS.
- Knowledge of networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and remote communications.
- Experience in designing and implementing high-availability and disaster recovery solutions in fast paced environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service focus and experience with end users.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.