Director of SRE & Cloud Operations (fully remote)
Posted on Mar 14, 2020 by Visionaire Partners
Director of SRE & Cloud Operations (100% Remote)
Exciting new opportunity for a Director responsible for our Cloud Operations and managing our System Reliabilty Engineers to join a growing SaaS technology company that is the leader in their industry.
You will own our Cloud Operations for our SaaS platform utilized by our clients and ensure 24 X 7 availability, performance, and scalability by leading the architecture, deployment, automation, maintenance, and management of mission-critical, cloud-based production systems.
Duties: Automate cloud services using technologies like AWS CloudFormation, troubleshoot and perform analysis on the infrastructure when systems go down or are interrupted and implement corrective action plans, create and manage monitoring and alerting processes and procedures, create and evolve runbooks to facilitate efficient management and troubleshooting, optimize AWS billing (including the selection and management of Reserved Instances), plan and implement best practice Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR), identify and follow key trends and emerging technologies that can enhance or impact the solution architecture to drive efficiency, design and implement appropriate Agile platform architecture and DevOps processes, manage engineering tool integrations, help define the performance engineering strategy for products, standardize the development environment and automate the integration and delivery processes, serve as the company's SME on Cloud Operations, and mentor and lead teams.
This is a direct hire position with flexible hours where you can work 100% remotely from your home and live anywhere. Awesome opportunity to make an impact at a growing technology company.
- 3+ years as a Manager or Director of Cloud Operations
- 7+ years of Cloud Operations experience including platform architecture and support
- 3+ years of STRONG AWS ecosystem and products experience including AWS based web applications hosting experience
- Experience hosting and running a product in AWS for a software company
- Must have owned all of cloud operations
- Experience managing container platforms
- Accountability for SLAs
- Responsible for owning and managing the operations budget
- Scripting tools (prefer Python)
- Strong database experience
- Automation tools (prefer Salt, Terraform, CloudFormation, Vagrant, Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience with logging services
- Monitoring tool experience
- Passionate about technology and quality
- Previous experience working for a startup or small company
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- No heavy contract backgrounds or job hoppers
- Infrastructure systems such as Nginx, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Mobile applications
- RDS, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, Lambda, Step Functions, API Gateway CloudFormation, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, S3