Product and Engineering Manager
Posted on Mar 14, 2020 by Totec Recruitment
Product & Engineering Manager
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
Benefits: Pension, Healthcare, Company car.
Our client is a steel product manufacturer with clients in the UK and overseas. They design, manufacture & distribute their own bespoke products. The ideal candidate will develop product support information, production methods, process development & project management.
This role varies from a Product Manager, where they would see all product areas through from application, customer, design and development into its production and an Engineering Manager who is not necessarily involved with a product, but would deal with all engineering detail for a jobbing/subcontractor or large engineering company.
So in context, the engineering aspect of the Product and Engineering Manager is very much to do with how we produce our own product and this uses very specific production processes common across the range, but specifically is to do with welding and fabrication + standard machine operations.
- Develop product support information and production methods.
- Process Development.
- Project Management.
- Cover everything to do with how our client produce their products & all the support information required to allow successful production, assembly and installation.
- Customer/Sales supporting information for the standard product range.
- Design, Technical Support and Operating procedures will not be covered in your role (other than the supporting information necessary for production, assembly and installation).
- Keep up to date and modify and relevant support information.
- Add to the overall output of Product and Engineering management, processing and development.
- Manage and monitor staff, including: Technical office staff, Product Engineering operations & staff.
- Communicate between departments/business areas.
- Specific hands on functions to do with the support and development of the clients products and develop controls and processes to allow these to be delegated as the business progresses.
- Provide an experienced advice and input regarding Engineering solutions and production methods.
- Manage, oversee and contribute to sales order project work & internal engineering projects.
- HNC/HND in Mechanical/Structural/Production Engineering.
- Engineering AND Product Management experience within a steel fabrication/welding manufacturing background.
- Previous seniority within a product manufacturing environment (small/medium batch).
- Previous management of engineering/technical teams.
- Technical/Drawing office experience to understand productionisation.
- Implementation of ISO 9001:2008/ISO 9001:2015.
- Familiar with Welding standards BS EN 287-1:2011, BS EN ISO 9606-1:2013 and BS EN 1011-1:2009.
- In depth knowledge of Manufacturing processes, deadlines, methods & techniques.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an ever-growing established manufacturing company. If you feel you meet the criteria of this position, please get in touch with us at Totec.
All calls are handled with strict confidence. Thank you.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer who promote equality, diversity & provide an inclusive and supportive environment. You will be treated fairly and with respect. The position offers ample training and development opportunities.