Senior Director of Partnerships
Posted on Mar 14, 2020 by Hays Specialist Recruitment
Senior Director & Head of Partnership Development in The East Coast of USA for Major League Soccer Club
Your new company
Need a Senior Director for Global Partnerships as they are one of the most valuable sports clubs in The USA.we They are on a mission to build the city into one of the soccer capitals of the world.
The Club finished top of the Eastern Conference and qualified have also qualified for the Concacaf Champions League. The games they are involved in are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision.
Your new company ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise's social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your new role
As a Senior Director & Head of Global Partnerships you will lead the Partnerships sales team and drive commercial revenues through the acquisition of brand partnerships for the club. The ideal candidate will possess strong business development skills and experience representing premium rights holders in the creation of multi-faceted sports marketing platforms.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Meet and exceed personal and team quarterly and annual revenue targets through the sale of new integrated partnerships
- Work closely with VP of Partnerships to develop go-to-market strategy for priority Club assets and marketing platforms
- Generate qualified leads and maintain a continuous pipeline of prospects through a strong network of contacts and by maximizing outbound calls, face-to-face meetings, in-game entertaining and other networking opportunities
- Create and deliver polished and compelling presentations to prospects, representing The Club's brand in a way that befits its ambition and class
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence team and other departments to secure the data and insights necessary to make informed recommendations and decisions during the sales process
- Oversee and participate in the structuring of complex rights packages to meet partner objectives and lead the negotiation of long-form agreement
- Develop and maintain a relationship of trust and respect with key internal stakeholders within The Club to ensure effective and efficient procurement of new partners
- Proven track record of representing premium rights holders to deliver material revenue growth
- Structured approach to lead generation and the ability to impart such process on the sales team
- Broad commercial acumen and sophisticated presentation skills
- Recruit, manage and train a high performing team of sales professionals
- Meet and exceed personal and team revenue targets
- Leverage CRM and analytical tools to ensure sustained sales team performance
- Creative approach to sales and steadfast determination through the sales cycle
- Ability to navigate complex negotiations and close partnership deals
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field required; Master's degree preferred
- At least seven years of experience in property sales and long-range planning required
- Steady career advancement gaining expanded scope and responsibility over time, including direct oversight and management of sales teams
- Familiarity with sports sponsorship contracts and impactful partnership activations
- Ability to travel for business purposes
- Must be able to work games scheduled which may be at night and on weekends and holidays
What you'll get in return
An opportunity to work within one of the largest/most valuable sports groups in The World. Negotiable and competitive package, East Coast USA location.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.