Posted on Mar 14, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for an Operations Manager. This role is about being a hands on manager for Back End operations and DevOps in an electronic trading environment. This person will be managing a group of 5 people and having trading firm industry experience is key. They need working knowledge of Unix environment/Unix commands and will need strong Scripting skills using Unix Shell and Python.
- Be hands-on in identifying and resolving production issues.
- Build and monitor metrics to constantly evaluate team performance.
- Lead the operations team and guide in day-to-day activities.
- Proactively monitor and follow up on ticket/call flow.
- Mentor team members for an effective and timely ticket resolution.
- Develop and implement procedures for operations team to follow
- Strong working knowledge of UNIX environment/Unix commands.
- Strong Scripting skills (unix Shell and python).
- Basic database knowledge (Sybase, MySQL).
- Previous experience in Financial Industry and/or trading.
- Windows desktop support experience
- Basic networking knowledge
- Prior experience in managing operations/dev ops teams.
- Experience using Jira/Grafana/InfluxDB/Icinga.
- Experience with price feed handlers/fix interfaces.
- Linux desktop support experience
- Network troubleshooting and analysis experience
- Ability to work under pressure within a dynamic trading environment.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$115k - $150k Annual