Senior Java Developer
Posted on Mar 14, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our Client from the banking industry, we are looking for a Senior Java Developer:
Duration: 7 months
Starting date: ASAP
Are you motivated to deliver comprehensive technology solutions to complex business challenges? Are you a multitasker and experienced in developing web based IT applications using Java/J2EE? Then we are looking for someone like you to develop and maintain IT applications in the Group Compliance Risk and Governance (GCRG) IT organization.
You will be contributing by:
- Develop and maintain Java based web applications.
- Experience with Off The Shelf Product Implementation and Integration
- Work Closely with Senior Tech lead & Solution Architect to drive solutions
- Manage and maintain code repositories
- Able to debug issues quickly whether it's setup, application configuration or code directly
- Prepare & maintain automated deployment scripts
- Maintain Dev & Test Servers and keep them in sync
- Provide details to Technical Lead & BA to prepare Tech design as well as Requirement Specification documents
- Drive & implement good practice in the team to ensure highest quality of deliveries
- Ensuring on time delivery of your tasks assigned by Tech lead & project manager
- Participate in daily scrum and provide updates on work assigned.
Your experience and skills
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- Good knowledge and hand on experience Java/J2EE based application.
- Experience working on different J2EE frameworks
- Good experience on Application/Web Servers. WebSphere/Tomcat preferred.
- Experience on build/Integration tools like Maven, Gradle, and Ant.
- Experience on relational databases preferably with Oracle.
- Basic knowledge on Shell & Perl Scripting.
- Experience working in a highly regulated global environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Analytical skilled person who manages to cope with complex challenges in software engineering.
- A self-reliant person and motivated to overcome any obstacle.
- Willing to go the extra mile.
- Experienced in large organizations working with globally spread teams
- Knowledgeable of banking products
If you have any further questions, please contact: