Line Lead Second Shift
Posted on Mar 13, 2020 by Advanced Fiber Products
- Provide a safe work environment for your employees.
- Manage, direct and supervise a team of 6-8 individuals.
- Provide scrap weight and footage remaining on orders by the end of shift.
- Set sensors for automatic up-cut saws.
- Inspect pultruded parts for visual defects.
- Perform any Quality checks as requested on the production order.
- Report defects to the machine operator of that product so corrections can be made.
- Verify cut length accuracy at the start of each new length ran through the use of a tape measure and periodically check the product during the production run.
- Place finished cut parts either on carts or on pallets as requested on the production order.
- Package finish parts as requested on the production orders.
- Keep accurate counts of the quantity and lengths of good parts being produced and record it on the production orders. Record scrap weights of defective product on the back of the production orders.
- Mark carts of product with quantities and lengths.
- Mark all packaged product as according to paperwork.
- Operate a forklift and be forklift certified.
- Assist in relieving other personnel in the area for scheduled breaks.
- Follow rules and policies as stated in the Employee Handbook
- Other duties as necessary by management.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Experience in using and reading measurements from a tape measure and calipers.
- Ability to read and understand production order requirements
- Proficient in math
- Previous managing/lead experience (1 year)
- Previous experience using powered hand tools
- Frequent walking, stepping, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment such as earplugs, safety glasses and steel toes.
About the Company
For 20 years, Advanced Fiber Products has set the standard for fiberglass pultrusion. Our engineering and CAD-equipped design team works closely with our customers to understand how the product will be used and to what environmental factors the product will be exposed. Regardless of your company's individual requirements, we'll use our expertise to tailor the perfect solution to suit your needs.
Advanced Fiber Products has worked hard to earn a reputation of being among the most responsive pultrusion manufacturers in the business. With our own in-house tool and die shop, we have complete control over the pultrusion process, from prototype to final delivery. Not only does this hasten the production cycle, it reduces cost and, perhaps most importantly, it gives us total control over quality. From filling small orders to large volume productions, we take pride in our work and it shows in every job we do. Every customer is important to us. Your complete satisfaction is a job we take seriously. In fact, we guarantee it.