Technical Validation Consultant - Contract- Outside IR35
Posted on Mar 13, 2020 by MRP Group
This is a strategic technical role, providing Technical directional, Procedural, and Implementation Consultancy services for the customers networks solutions targeted at Service Provider customers. The consultant will be required to develop and maintain expertise on Test and Validation Practices, CI/CD, Cloud Services, Test Automation, SP Network Architectures and solutions, eg Core, Edge, Access & Aggregation and NFV
This is a contract post-sales position with on-site and remote, working as part of a wider Customers Professional Services team.
We are looking for a Validation/Test Engineer to support and contribute to the Validation process and strategy within customer Networks' largest projects, bring new ideas on coverage & methodology and to add maturity to our validation mindset. To do that you will be working closely with the Validation Technical Lead and our customer and third-party vendors to unify methodologies as technical contact for internal and external teams on the subject of validation/testing.
Typical activities are around the following key areas;
- Participating in workshops with customer, partner vendors and development teams for technical validation process and alignment
- Providing guidance on Validation process, CI/CD, test automation and structure and priorities
- Developing and documenting High- and Low-Level testing procedures, including test automation.
- Design technical Validation and Verification testing
- Define and assist in implementing Interoperability testing
- Participate or Lead teams in Ticket Trouble-shooting/fault finding
- Knowledge Transfer to in- and external customers
The main purpose of this job is to work with major Networks customers to ensure the smooth validation planning, scoping and execution of Validation and migration from a manual waterfall testing process to an automated CI/CD pipeline of Customers Networks Products into new and/or existing network.
Work in a consultative manner with customers, sales, customer services and systems engineering to scope and deliver Professional Service projects. Typical tasks & duties will include:
Detailed Job Responsibilities:
- Technical Test Engineering skills
- Test layering (unit tests/component tests/E2E tests/test automation/CICD).
- Clear guidelines specifying which aspects are handled by these layers
- Functional vs. nonfunctional validation concepts and criteria and knowledge about high availability and performance testing
- Must have good clarity on solution enterprise use cases, unit tests techniques (and also hands on experience with development and unit tests work)
- Have a clear and efficient way of covering story implementation aspects through all test layers (including unit tests).
- Set quality bar for QA work implementing both KPI and functional Test Efficiency
- Testing efficiency eg functionality via REST services, automation, and CICD
- Bring Validation best practices from industry to improve quality with similar cost structure.
- Proposed new validation practices
- Feedback on improvement on test processes.
- Define and refine matrices to track progress on validation.
- Participation in workshops, (reviews) and discussions around design, testing, validating and implementing customer solutions
- Participation in (and lead if required) technology workshops
- Taking ownership of, or assisting with creating QA Assessment, High Level Test Implementation, Test Plan authoring, Implementation and Migration plans
- Support of customer driven testing, providing technical feedback not only on the product but also the validity of the test
Please reach out for further details regarding this opportunity.