Segment Architect - Health & Corporate - Cority/Enablon/Intelex - Glob
Posted on Mar 13, 2020 by Eaglecliff Recruitment
Segment Architect - Health & Corporate - Cority/Enablon/Intelex - Global Energy Co.
A World Leading Global Energy Company has an exciting opportunity for a Health Segment Architect to join their Enterprise Architect team and focus on a Health & Corporate project/programme.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING APPLICATIONS:
This company's Health department aspires to empower people and the business to thrive and perform at their best, while inspiring people to care through a Culture of Health for the company, contractors, joint ventures, families and external communities. The department's core processes are centred around Worker Health Protection (Industrial Hygiene), Occupational Health, and Human Performance & Care. Part of the Health 2022 IT vision is that the global core Health systems should form the backbone for Digital initiatives that have a positive value case globally. Therefore, the new WHP system will need to have the ability to absorb data from various technical innovations such as smart sensors and robots measuring exposure levels, so that data can be used much more effectively. It needs to add value by leveraging synergies within the Health, Safety and Environment space. In addition, it needs to support the prevention of health-related incidents such as workers being at risk due to harmful exposure.
Segment Architecture ensures the Business Value of IT solutions is maximized by applying knowledge of the business requirements and opportunities, the existing portfolio of IT applications, and the current and emerging technology and IT service capabilities. They support and enable the execution of the Strategy and Plans for the Portfolio of applications in the area of External Relations and Internal Communications.
The individual in this position will support the Lead Segment Architect for Corporate in the execution of architecture consultancy and assurance activities for Global Functions Corporate, with a dominance to the sub-portfolio Health.
Responsibilities of the role include managing relationships with key stakeholders like the IT Managers, business analysts, Programme and Project managers, IRM and other Line of Business and Group Architects. It also includes working closely with application development/deployment projects to assure and support them from an architecture perspective, and development of Segment Architectures. The role includes an overall accountability for managing the end-to-end life cycle of applications in the portfolio from an IT architecture perspective.
The Segment Architect is an integral member of the Business IT and the company's Architecture IT teams, helping to shape the future of the Line of Business portfolio.
The Segment Architect will have a background of implementing complex and robust enterprise wide architectures and will be expected to work the relationship angle as well as be the designer.
Other accountabilities are as follows:
- Work with the Lead Segment Architect for Corporate to maintain the segment architectures, application portfolio inventory, landscape diagrams and life cycle maps for the applications within the portfolio.
- Identify and propose potential portfolio changes and improvements, including decommissioning. Develop and maintain application roadmaps for the portfolio.
- Work with the Business Interface IT Managers, Delivery Vertical teams, Business Process Owner and Business Architects to provide consultancy on architecture and portfolio matters. This includes, direction for opportunity framing, IT strategy, point C work; advise on any project issues; advise touch points with other Lines of Business and opportunities to leverage applications, processes etc.
- Advise and give input to development of domain IT strategy.
- Work closely with Lead Segment Architect and other architects to assure an efficient applications landscape and adherence to prevailing standards and guidelines.
- Develop and maintain segment architecture including target selections.
- Ensure architecture artifact quality and retention in appropriate tools - Bizz design.
- Guide and support project teams and solution architects on the use of segment and reference architectures. Provide, or make available through others, technical expertise and support to project and support personnel on IT matters in the portfolio.
- Given the size and need of the Health portfolio the segment architect is expected to perform the end-to-end architecture role and hence includes the data architecture as well as the solution architect role.
- Participate in governance processes, eg, assurance review and signoff, and share all relevant needed documentation. Participate as required at the Architecture Review Board and relevant IT Leadership Teams.
- Facilitate Architecture Risk Assessments on projects, and conduct Assurance Reviews and Stage Gate signoff for medium and low risk projects, involving data, technical and integration architects as needed. Ensure peer reviews and additional assurance is established in case segregation of duties exists (due to performing both the segment and solution architect role in the Health portfolio).
- Participate in and contribute to the Line of Business segment architecture network.
- Execute the data architect and solution architect role for the Health portfolio
- Provide support to Solution Architects, including overall development and coordination of solution architects working in the portfolio (eg, coaching, mentoring, input on resourcing decisions.)
- Work with Line of Business, CDOs and Group level enterprise and reference architects to develop and improve standards and reference architectures (Data models, application architecture standards, integration architecture standards, etc.)
Special Challenges: This role expects the segment architect to see through the and perform also the solution and data architect role for the Health portfolio. This requires additional skills varying from strategic to much more operational architecture. The great advantage of this construct is that the segment architect is fully empowered in the Health segment space.
Skills and Experience Required:
- IT Architecture
- Able to develop IT Strategic Roadmap, reference architectures, solution architectures, data architectures
- Strong Experience with Health systems
- Salesforce Service Cloud
- Knowledge of the TOGAF 9 standards, and is able to explain the role of architecture in IT processes/organisation
- Cloud architecture
- Information Risk Management
- Agile Scrum and Dev Ops
- Develop and Manage Suppliers
- Has experience in, and is able to lead and define, the Digital Customer Experience and Digital Employee Experience from Architecture perspective
- Data Solutions
- Cyber Defense
Years of Experience: 7 to 10 years in IT with some IT leadership experience
Minimum Education or Certification: 4-year Degree related to IT
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.