Production Support Lead
Posted on Mar 12, 2020 by Request Technology
A fortune 500 company is on the search for a Lead Production Support Engineer. This role is revolved around production support for applications and infrastructure in C#, ASP .NET, VB .Net, SQL Server, XML, and .NET webservices. This person will be doing 24/7 operational support and any knowledge or experience with Splunk or Dynatrace is a huge plus to have or any other similar technology.
- Provide on call support for triaging incidents/problems and coordinating with various support teams across the organization and carryout activities related to incident and problem management
- Communicate with line of business and management the overall status and health of the application.
- Look for areas of improvement in monitoring, application stability, and speed of determining root cause
- Perform troubleshooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills. Conducts root cause analysis.
- Work closely with Technology Infrastructure Teams, Development & Testing Teams in supporting Integrated/Independent releases, software/hardware upgrades, server upgrades etc.
- Real Time restoration and triaging of issues impacting technical services (application/infrastructure) to bank customers and partners in a timely manner while keeping partners advised of significant progress or challenges during the restoration period.
- Assess initial severity, gather impacts, creates tickets in JIRA/KANBAN, engages necessary support teams, and escalates as necessary to ensure timely restoration.
- Test and validate system performance.
- 7+ years of experience working with C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET, SQL server, XML and .NET webservices.
- 4 + years of experience working with Visual Studio, Jenkins and Github.
- 5+ years of experience working on of support of 24x7 support operations staff.
- 4+ years of experience with SPLUNK and Dynatrace experience.
- 5+ years of relevant IT experience (Production Support, SDLC- Waterfall/Agile) preferred
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency for high severity incidents. Able to assess the customer impact and provide tactical solutions
- Experience working with service now and Jira.
- Provide generic solutions/workaround and avoid recurring of incidents. Proactively monitor the production environment and identify the potential incidents
- Able to contribute to 1. Automation 2. Causal analysis 3. Develop shared/common solutions
- Flexible enough to work for extended hours and on weekends as needed to handle high priority issues, production recoveries, provide support to Dev & Infrastructure Releases.
- Hands-on experience with Incident and problem management