Posted on Mar 12, 2020 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Network Engineer. This role is revolved around having strong experience with Campus Core routing and switching. They also need to proficient with all Cisco Router and switching as well as having experience with Palo Alto firewalls. This engineer will be an expert of the design, operations, and troubleshooting of IPv4 and TCP/IP. There will be some night and weekend on call rotations.
- Perform support, troubleshooting, and performance monitoring and tuning for the data network at all locations including WAN, LAN, and campus networks
- Design and optimize data network topology based on network and system studies, application traffic behavior, and new requirements
- Provide evaluation and recommendations for network improvements and optimization including ROI reports, solution pricing, and deployment plans
- Perform implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of network components to ensure maximum up time and optimal refresh intervals
- Leverage support providers as required, act as single point of contact, managing service providers on the clients behalf.
- Understand and implement security best practices within network design and work with security specialists to minimize vulnerabilities, coordinate security planning with Shared Services Security
- Understand applicable compliance requirements and provide effective audit support as related to network design and components
- Understand and comply with all applicable SLAs, policies and procedures
- Consult with users and evaluate requirements, recommend designs, provide cost analysis, plan projects, and coordinate tasks for installation of data networks and network support systems
- Analyze and resolve technical problems for established networks
- Provide network documentation, training, and guidance to computing system clients and programmers
- Participation in nights and weekends on-call rotation.
- Cisco CCNA required;
- CCIE or CCDP a strong plus
- Experienced in routing/switching, security, and/or wireless. Some Cisco IP telephony (Cisco Call Manager) experience desired.
- Microsoft certifications a plus when in addition to Cisco
- ITIL certifications a plus when in addition to Cisco
- The minimum experience for this position is 5-7 years of relevant experience in Enterprise Network Design and Administration
- Expert knowledge of IPv4 and TCP/IP - design, operations, and troubleshooting
- Cisco Router and switching experience
- Routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP
- MPLS design and operations experience a plus
- VRF configuration and troubleshooting experience a plus
- A working knowledge of cabling standards - copper, fiber, SAN, etc.
- Demonstrated skill in application performance troubleshooting
- Cisco ASA Firewall management experience
- Site-to-site, remote access, and SSL VPN experience
- Network capacity management and forward planning
- Wireless deployment experience a plus
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$100k - $120k Annual