IT Operations Security Analyst (Azure)
Posted on Mar 12, 2020 by Easton Haines Consultancy
IT Operations Security Analyst (Azure)
About the job
The IT Operational Security Analyst is a vital role within the Security organisation. This role reports to the IT Security Operations Manager and is a technical role, suited to an individual with a background in infrastructure technical operations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Good level of knowledge across cyber security
- Good understanding of Office 365 and Azure Security
- Identification and analysis of Information Security Risks
- Investigation of security incidents and security incident report writing
- Drive security throughout the team by working collaboratively with internal and external customers to ensure a defence in depth approach to IT Security is understood throughout the technical teams and that every individual within the wider IT team understands role they can play.
- Contributing to knowledge share and capability processes within the team
- Maintaining a professional culture within the team, where individuals take ownership and are proud of delivering excellence and quality.
The role demands a technically astute person with excellent writing skills. This role will require liaising with project stakeholders, senior members of the business, and maintaining relationships within the organisation. The ability to communicate in the written word to a high standard is essential for this role.
A large portion of this role will involve identification and remediation of our Azure and Office 365 security architecture development. You will need to have experience in defining the requirements, designing and building O365 security architecture including Office Pro-Plus Suite with focus on Exchange/outlook, Teams, SharePoint Online and OneDrive.
A comprehensive technical understanding of Windows Server System is essential, experience with Middleware platforms (IBM WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat etc) would be of benefit. Working knowledge of Linux based operating systems also be of benefit..
- Vulnerability Management Solutions (eg Tenable, Rapid7)
- Understanding of OWASP
- Experience creating written reports
- Active Directory administration and configuration
- Windows Server & Desktop infrastructure
- Good understanding of Local Area Networking
- Good understanding of VMware or other virtualisation technologies.
- Microsoft PowerShell
- Experience of ITIL processes
- Technical Project Management
Any of the following would be a bonus:
- Linux experience
- Shell Scripting
- Microsoft Exchange administration & deployment
- Comprehensive understanding of PKI (Public Key Infrastructure)
- Security Incident Management or Investigation
- VMware certification
- Microsoft certification
- ITIL Foundation or greater
In you will receive a salary of up to £45,000 plus a 6% contributory pension scheme and on completion of the probationary period, you will have access to a flexible benefits plan which includes:
- Training & Development, regular coaching from your Manager
- Pension Contribution (plus salary sacrifice option)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement plus buy more through Flex Benefits scheme
- Life Assurance
- A flexible benefits scheme (eg childcare vouchers, Dental cover)
- Performance Reviews and support with development needs
- A modern office and supportive culture
- A fun Sports and Social program (free membership)
- An active Charity and CSR program
Please apply either by using the link provided or by emailing your CV direct to me. Alternatively, you can call for more information on the number shown below.
Easton Haines Consultancy is a specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. No terminology in the advertisement is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary or contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment business.
Please note that, unfortunately, due to the high level of applications, we are only able to respond to those candidates whose CVs match the job requirements.