Posted on Mar 12, 2020 by Pontoon
Duration: 6 months
Overview of the Role
As the KDB Developer you will be supporting the Fixed Income Currencies and Commodities technology team, which has a proven track record of delivering critical low-latency Front Office pricing/trading solutions to the FICC businesses. The candidate will be working in the FICC KDB technology team, helping to build and maintain high availability, globally deployed systems.Responsibilities:
- This is a great opportunity to work in business focused solutions based development team. It is expected that the candidate plays an active role in developing the KDB based data platform, maintain existing KDB based FICC Data platform and be able to articulate effectively with all stakeholders.
- The candidate will be a highly skilled KDB developer capable of taking existing production architecture and ambiguous/changing requirements into stride.
- The candidate will then come up with cohesive, intelligent and logical solutions to problems, which not only meet the immediate requirements of the global business, but also provide an avenue for further extension.
- Development is primarily KDB based, with peripheral technologies including python, UNIX Shell Scripting, and Hadoop and related technologies. The candidate's repertoire should include knowledge of Client Server/distributed technologies.
- Grad (4 year)/Post grad in Computer Science (or relevant work experience in large scale IT environment)
- At least 4+ years of hands on KDB development experience
- Strong KDB/q skills with a thorough understanding of q internals such as tp, rdb, hdb, and tick data storage
- Solid knowledge of the UNIX/Linux environment
- Strong experience in one or more Scripting languages (Perl, Python, Unix Shell Scripting)
- Experience in designing and developing ETL processes for the project's data warehouse
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.