Posted on Mar 12, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client in Basel we are looking for Formulator Specialist for 24-month contract.
Job title: Formulator Specialist (Formulation of Oral Solid Dosage Forms)
Duration: 01/04/2020 to 31/12/2020
Work location: Basel
Job purpose is to plan, perform, optimize and document routine scientific experiments for the preparation and timely delivery of drug products incl. GMP manufacturing. Participate in scientific teams and contribute to the overall Technical Research and Development strategies and goals.
For the development of oral solid dosage forms we are looking for an experienced associate. Your duties will be to develop formulations of capsules, film coated tablets or sachets, to develop manufacturing processes including scale-up and to manufacture clinical supplies under a GMP environment. Your responsibilities will be to plan, perform scientific experiments (or pilot plant processes) under minimal guidance from more experienced team members and to contribute to the interpretation and report results.
Plan, organize, perform and document scientific experiments/plant activities in collaboration with experienced team members if necessary. Seeks proactively for support and coaching from Project Leader, Scientific Expert or other team members during the whole process if necessary.
1. Adherence to quality, quantity, and timelines for all assigned tasks.
2. Adherence to Company standards, in particular, quality, ethical, health, safety, and environment (HSE), and information security (ISEC) standards.
3. Reproducibility of experiments and results.
4. Refer to annual individual and team objective setting.
You have a scientific education eg Pharmakant, technician with continuing education or BSc or a College of Applied Science Diploma. You have also experience in manufacturing under GMP.
1. Ideally a minimum of 3 to 5 successful years of experience.
2. Awareness/proven experience for safe handling of chemicals, potentially dangerous materials and equipment.
3. Good scientific or technical knowledge in galenics/formulation at lab, pilot and production.
4. Adequate knowledge in scientific/technical areas of collaboration.
5. Proficient with laboratory and/or technical tools.
6. Adequate knowledge of software and computer tools.
7. Basic presentation skills and scientific/technical writing skills.
8. Good Communication skills.
Fluent in English, German and/or French is an advantage.
Additional information and highlights:
- Position related to Solid Oral Dosage Forms/Early & Late stage
- Expereince in Galenics/Tabletting, Capsuling, Granulation/and Manufacturing process development
- Work in Non GMP Environment and colaboration with various stakeholders: Drug Project Leader, Supply, Technical Operations
- Important Soft Skills: autonomous, dynamic, energetic with team spirit and can-do-attitude
For further details please contact: