Skype for Business Engineer (On-site)
Posted on Mar 12, 2020 by Modality Systems
Leading global Microsoft Practice are now seeking a talented Skype for Business Engineer to join the team
Skype for Business Engineer (On-site)
Location: Based in London on-site
About the role
Modality On-Site Support Engineers are responsible for providing support services to the client in parallel with the Modality Service Desk. They provide advice and guidance and complete service requests, working with the Client's internal Unified Communications (UC) team and other support teams.
The On-Site Support Engineer provides support at a 2nd/3rd line level. 1st line support (user adoption, account setup, 'how-to' questions, initial diagnosis, etc.) is provided by the Client, whilst Incident/Problem tickets are logged with and resolved by the Modality Service Desk. When a request is UC support related and is not resolvable by the On-Site Support Engineer, the ticket may be escalated to senior Modality Service Desk engineers for assistance or for resolution.
There is a general resource element to the work and the engineer may be asked to assist in non-UC and non-support related activities at the Client's discretion.
There is a requirement for some out of hours activities (weekends and evenings).
Key Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Handling and attempting to resolve support requests from the Client
- Understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution
- Monitoring the customer environment and initiating actions to resolve issues identified
- System administration
- Microsoft Server, Unified Communications and related 3rd party application patching and/or post-patching checks
- Liaising with 3rd party vendors on a technical level where required
- Documentation of resolutions and root causes into the Modality Service Desk knowledge base
What we'd like from you
To deliver the best for our customers, the people in Modality Systems also need to be the best. Therefore, we look for colleagues who demonstrate dedication and passion to a shared goal, who work well with others and who genuinely love what they do. A willingness to learn and quickly adapt is a must, as well as the drive to succeed.
Skills and experience required
- A support background and outlook on services
- Technical knowledge of the Microsoft Communications Server family of products and the wider Microsoft product stack and technologies that are peripheral to Unified Communications
- Technical skills in any of the following technology areas would be a significant advantage:
- ServiceNow service management system
- Networking knowledge
- Ribbon session border controllers (SBCs) and survivable branch appliances (SBAs)
- Competella contact centres
- Verba Collaboration Recording solutions
- Actiance Vantage Compliance solutions
- A working knowledge of ITIL standards and practices, including incident management
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Mature and presentable
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Comfortable with owning and resolving technical issues
Ability to work as part of a team across time zones and to share information and lessons learned with the wider Modality and Client technical team
A desire to progress within the company. Modality encourages and supports personal development (technical and 'soft skills') and has a clear progression plan for support individuals who wish to move up through the various support levels and throughout the wider company.
Why choose a career with Modality Systems?
At Modality, we have several goals. We're a leading Microsoft Partner and want to keep expanding our product portfolio and customer base. But most importantly of all, we want to continue to provide the very best technological solutions to our customers in order to help them achieve digital transformation. And underpinning this is more than 500 talented professionals whose hard work is recognised and rewarded accordingly.
Modality recognise the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied roles across the company and excellent training and development programmes available, at Modality the opportunities for growth are endless.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of the Modality team, then don't hesitate to apply now!
A note for agencies
Modality Systems have a world-class, in-house Recruitment Team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, unfortunately we cannot accept any agency submissions for any of our roles.