Software Test Manager/Systems Test Manager
Posted on Mar 12, 2020 by Easton Haines Consultancy
Systems Test Manager/Software Test Manager
The Test Manager role sits within the Test Team function.
The Test Team are responsible for providing software testing services across the organisation in accordance with the defined TLC (Testing Life Cycle) and SDLC (Software Delivery Life Cycle).
Delivery of the organisations strategic business change agenda is a key enabler to its success as a business. As the Test Manager, you will play a pivotal role helping the company to achieve its strategic objectives through successful implementation of Test using best practice governance and controls.
Duties will include:
- Managing Testing throughout the life cycle of the project
- Provide value-adding advice and guidance working with Software Engineering and Test team
- Providing SME to all testing activities by means of coaching and mentoring all testers
- Work in an Agile and/or Waterfall Methodology
- Communicating directly with client's
- Working with the Onshore and Offshore model
- Manage all Stakeholders expectations via project meetings, daily reporting and ad-hoc updates
The Test Manager should have the following experience:
- An IT specific related degree or higher education qualification (or equivalent)
- ISTBQ qualified
- Experience and knowledge of software development tools and processes
- Experience of working in an Agile or Waterfall Methodology
- Experience of working with multi-skilled test teams, across multiple sites
- Strong commercial awareness and customer focus
- The ability to communicate at appropriate levels of detail to Senior Management, Testers and Developers
- The Ability to motivate and enthuse teams
- The capability to coach testers in test approach and methods to be followed
Any of the following would be a bonus:
- Experience of automation testing
- Knowledge of financial services products, specifically Mortgages, Loans Investments or Insurance
- Experience of working in the Financial Services Sector
- Experience of working with automation tools
In you will receive a salary of up to £45,000 plus a 6% contributory pension scheme and on completion of the probationary period, you will have access to a flexible benefits plan which includes:
- Ongoing training and development
- Private Medical Insurance
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Buy and sell annual leave opportunity
- Life Assurance
- Modern office and supportive culture
- A fun Sports and Social program (free membership)
- On site car par
- Subsidised gym membership
- An active Charity and CSR programme
What's in it for you?
Join a growing company at the cutting edge of software and business services
Enormous career potential - the company is growing year on year
My client's values of integrity, teamwork, pioneering and determination reflect their priorities to employees
Continuous learning and development is a key part of their culture and a variety of training options are available to support your career development
Please apply either by using the link provided or by emailing your CV direct to me. Alternatively, you can call for more information on the number shown below.
Easton Haines Consultancy is a specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. No terminology in the advertisement is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary or contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment business.
Please note that, unfortunately, due to the high level of applications, we are only able to respond to those candidates whose CVs match the job requirements.