Application Manager/Unix Engineer
Posted on Mar 11, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - Zurich
My client is a global bank with enviable reputation.
For their Bussiness Apllication department they are looking to hire an experienced Application Manager/Unix Engineer for fousiing on the operation and further development of our file transfer solution. This includes analysing and solving faults, ensuring and continuously improving the availability of the systems, as well as supporting project managers, application specialists and other areas. In addition for being involved to the regular Unix engineering activities, you must also be able to manage applications on a technical level and take on a key role in the event of problems and inquiries as 2nd or 3rd level support.
- Support of their file transfer solution
- Analysis and resolution of technical problems (performance, stability, etc.)
- Building, expanding and migrating applications in a Unix environment
- Project consulting
- Documentation of system environments and processes
- Optimization and automation of processes
- Interface to Third-party requirement profile
- Good technical understanding of complex IT environments
- Engineering; Setting up, expanding and operating Unix systems (mainly RHEL)
- Experience with Middleware products such as WebLogic, Java, Apache Tomcat
- Experience in dealing with databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Basic knowledge of LAN and Firewall principles
- High understanding of IT security processes
- Solution, service and customer orientation
- Good communication skills in dealing with business and IT developers
- Independent and goal-oriented approach
- Analytical and structured thinking/working
- Fluent English and German language skills in writing and writing
Looking forward to receiving your applications :)
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.