Junior C and C++ Developer
Posted on Mar 11, 2020 by Profile Resourcing
Junior Embedded Developer
Working for the leader in the design and supply of dynamic digital display solutions Reporting directly the Embedded Team Leader, the Junior Embedded Developer is responsible for development, testing, documentation and integration tasks in line with our values and practices in an Agile (Scrum) environment for Embedded hardware components.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, test and integrate new features or improvements to existing features, ensuring the item meets the Definition of Done, satisfying all acceptance criteria.
- Investigate and fix bugs as part of the Sprint.
- Work in a Scrum team, attending all the ceremonies, including the daily stand-up meeting, and updating the team's Scrum board.
- Help the Scrum team to get items in the Product Backlog meet the Definition of Ready, including estimations, acceptance tests and clarify the customer value to be delivered.
- Actively participate in the Sprint planning, review and retrospective.
- Use XP practices and values, including (but not limited to) Feedback, Simplicity, Test focused development, Refactoring, Collective ownership and Simple design.
- Experience of design, development, test and documentation in a technical product development environment.
- Demonstrable passion for home DIY computing projects.
- Preferably with hands on experience of driving hardware.
- Must have C and C++ development skills.
- Understanding of multi-threading.
- Knowledge of Python and .NET would be beneficial.
- Experience of micro-controllers an advantage.