Software Engineering Team Leader
Posted on Mar 11, 2020 by White Oak UK
The ability to build strong relationships and a keen eye for detail are essential when working for us! If you have solid software engineering and team management skills, the team at White Oak would love to hear from you.
Working within an agile environment a Software Engineering Team Leader at White Oak UK will work closely with all areas of IT, Product Owners, Projects and the business to deliver projects using the SCRUM and KANBAN frameworks.
Your New Role:
As a Software Engineering Team Leader, you will also maintain a Senior Software Engineer role within one of the agile teams. You will be part of the team responsible for project delivery and contribute to the estimation and implementation of user stories helping to shape their design and implementation. You will contribute to acceptance criteria and relevant documentation and coordinate unit testing and development.
The Software Engineering Team Leader will produce software against a set of defined coding standards and manage to resolve bug fixes through the testing process. You will deal with escalated live issues and create system documentation for effective handover to support teams.
You'll provide timely and effective progress updates on all tasks to the agile team and the business; escalating any issues that will impact on delivery in respect of deadlines, quality, standards. You will ensure all development adheres to non-functional (eg Security, Availability, Capacity) requirements and standards.
In addition to this, a Software Engineering Team Leader will also:
- Work with the Chief Technical Officer and IT management team to determine and define Software Development and IT strategies, documenting policies and procedures
- Maintain an overview of the ongoing software projects across the team
- Drive technological and architectural decision making with development team
- Communication of complex technical topics to non-technical people across the business
- Support PO's to ensure that relationships with Stakeholders are managed effectively
Could this be the ideal role for me?
- Experience of people management
- C#.net/.NET Core
- HTML, CSS
- OOP principles
- Experience of AGILE
- Understanding the principles of TOGAF or other enterprise architecture.
- Domain Driven Design
- Working in a continuous delivery environment.
- Understanding of ITIL desirable
- Knowledge of UI frameworks such as bootstrap
- Experience of Azure technologies
Why work for us?
If you want to realise your potential and be part of a forward-thinking, fast-paced, customer-focused organisation, then White Oak UK is for you. Looking for perks? We've got you covered.
Our new Software Engineering Team Leader will be offered:
- Highly competitive salary
- Attractive bonus potential
- Reward & Recognition programme
- Career development
- Life assurance & healthcare plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- and much more
Here at White Oak, our mission is simple: We're here to help smaller businesses get the finance they need with as little fuss as possible.
There has never been a more exciting time to join the White Oak team! Please click APPLY below to register your interest in the role of Software Engineering Team Leader.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from applicants from all backgrounds.