Application Developer/BA - Trading and Asset Management, Basel
Posted on Mar 11, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
My client is a leading private investment and asset management bank based in Basel, Switzerland. To strengthen their network team they are looking for an Application Engineer (Application Developer/Business Analyst - Trading and Asset Management). If you are interested in working within the best possible working environment, being involved in the latest technologies in the market and take part in a number of projects within the software development area then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Analysis of business requests
- Design of solutions within our application environment
- Implementation, Testing and Documentation
- Maintenance and Support, Operative tasks (data management)
- Project work for Trading and Asset Management projects
The successful incumbent will possess:
- A Master's university degree (IT, natural sciences, financial economics) is expected
- Experience in programming. Expected in Python, preferably also in one of those: C/C++/C#, SQL, VBA
- Some financial know-how is required, preferably in the fields (Derivatives) Trading and Market Making, Structured Products, (Exotic) Option Valuation Models, Portfolio Management or Compliance
- Knowledge in the Front Arena (Prime, Omni) application is a big plus. Knowledge in the following applications is also of interest: Avaloq, Bloomberg, other Real Time Trading or Portfolio Mgmt systems
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.