Lead Mainframe Performance and Capacity Engineer
Posted on Mar 10, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Lead Mainframe Performance and Capacity Engineer. Candidate will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core. Candidate will work in a high-transactional, global Z/OS environment that require high reliability, scalability, compatibility and security. Candidate will who work with engineers and clients to optimize the enterprise Mainframe performance.
- Manages the enterprise Mainframe server strategy and capacity planning functions including the configuration, maintenance and implementation of Mainframe Servers in a multi datacenter, multi sysplex environment.
- Maintains WLM policy definitions, capacity provisioning manager (CPM) thresholds, assesses sub-systems (DB2, IMS, CICS) and application systems performance and monitors server utilization.
- Prepares and reviews regular health check reporting identifying trends and takes appropriate actions
- Drives strategy for Mainframe performance by researching and exploiting new technology and capabilities.
- Ability to work closely with Mainframe infrastructure teams and business application clients to resolve complex performance issues
- Identifies performance tuning and configuration options opportunities to ensure the Mainframe systems are running in the most efficient and cost-effective manner
- Controls cost by targeting performance tuning for high usage system and application components and uses of Mainframe configuration options.
- Strong statistical and analytical skills with extensive knowledge and understanding of Mainframe capacity and workload planning concepts and analysis and be able undertake capacity forecasting
- At least a minimum of 8 years' experience of capacity planning and performance tuning in the zOS multi sysplex architecture and Workload Manager (WLM)
- In-depth knowledge of RMF, SMF, Omegamon, Tivoli Decision Support, MXG, IBM Capacity Products
- Good knowledge of MF Subsystems CICS, MQ, IMS and DB2