NCS Team Assistant
Posted on Mar 10, 2020 by Colchester United Football Club
NCS Team Assistant
NCS is an 8 week programme designed for 16 and 17 year olds. The NCS experience will give young people a clearer idea of what they want from their future. Staff will help young people realise that big, exciting things can come from feeling a little bit overwhelmed.
The programme dates are 29th June - 21st August.
How the Programme Works:
Phase 1 - Adventure (Residential - Social Mixing)
The first week offers a chance for the young people and staff to bond throughout a week of challenging outdoor activities. The week provides an opportunity for personal and social development using a range of activities that challenge the young people physically and mentally to push them outside of their comfort zones. Residential 4 nights, 5 days.
Phase 2 - Discovery (Residential - Independent living & Life Skills)
Young people return to their local community and the focus of the week is developing independent living and vital life skills. The bond between the young people should now begin to support the necessary team to create another successful week. Residential 4 nights, 5 days.
Phase 3 - Social Action Project
Facilitate and support the participants to design and deliver a successful social action project that will leave a positive and long lasting Legacy within the local community. The 2 weeks include 30 hours of planning and 30 hours of delivery.
Attend the graduation event showcasing and celebrating the achievements of the young people and staff throughout the NCS Journey.
- Assist with the co-ordination of the team during Phase 1 and Phase 2 (Residential)
- Ensure all health and safety guidelines are adhered to
- Support team discussions and tasks
- Run and support ice breaker games and guided reflection activities.
- Support Team Leader with challenging behaviour and building team rapport
- Provide pastoral guidance to young people whilst on programme.
- An understanding of working with 15-17 year olds and how to engage them
- Experience of working in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Enjoy and be passionate about working with young people
- Experience of working with 15-17 year olds
A current first aid qualification and a youth work qualification are desirable but not essential.
Application close date - 3rd April 2020