Python Developer - FICC Risk Technology
Posted on Mar 10, 2020 by Sharma Consulting Services Limited
A large multinational global player requires a highly skilled Python Developer to join their client team in Dublin.
The role will provide an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to apply their experience and enhance their skills working with a progressive organisation using the challenges offered to them.
The FICC Risk technology team is responsible for developing risk solutions to the global Fixed Income, currencies and commodities business. The primary focus of the team is on building scalable risk reporting and generation tools for use across the business. End users include trading desks, senior trading management, market risk management and other middle and Back Office groups. FICC Risk technology is a global team of highly skilled and motivated developers using agile methods to iterate quickly and work closely with users to deliver superior trading technology. There is significant buy-in from senior business partners and the successful candidate will gain experience of delivering directly to the business. The bank's next generation trading and risk platform consists of various pieces of shared infrastructure and code to drive consolidation across the trading business and break down business specific silos. Development takes place almost entirely In Python, with some C++ for high performance components.
Key Responsibilities include:
- The role offers the opportunity to lead development of the strategic risk framework, directing a globally dispersed team of developers.
- Challenges currently being worked on include producing consistent, consolidated risk reports spanning the whole FICC business, running high-performance ticking intraday risk for trading desks, and explaining PnL across the global business.
- Working with a globally dispersed team of developers.
- Technical leadership, including design reviews.
- Software development and testing, deployment and support using agile development methodologies.
- Functioning as part of a as part of a high performance team, working on high priority deliverables.
- Solving real problems, and adding value to the business.
- Communicating effectively with various stakeholders across technology and the business.
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics or Finance preferred .
Domain Experience Requirements
- Deep understanding of Pricing basics, Structured Rates and FX Derivatives Products.
- Experience working with Large scale quantitative library (Risk, Pricing, P&L Explain) is essential.
- Minimum 5 years Python development experience is required.
Key Technical Skill Requirements
- Excellent hands-on development experience on Python and C++ with additional understanding on any other OO technology.
- Experience on participating in end-to-end development life cycle in a rigorous test driven software development environment.
- Experience of Agile software development process is desirable.
- Experience on developing and delivering scalable applications.
- This role requires strong development skills, ability to operate in a dynamic, changing environment, ability to take direction from collocated leadership team daily, ability to produce high quality output, troubleshoot issues and communicate clearly and concisely both in written and oral fashion.
- Follows clean code principles.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong client management skills. Should demonstrate very high client focus.
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Effective decision Making
- Collaborating and Partnering
- Location: Dublin but might involve some travel within Europe or elsewhere.
- Please don't apply if you don't have prior experience of working for a Tier-1 bank or a Financial Services institution.