Basel 3/IRB Repair - Credit Risk Data Analyst
Posted on Mar 9, 2020 by Sharma Consulting Services Limited
A large multinational global player requires a skilled Credit Risk Data Analyst to join their client team in London.
The role will provide an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to apply their experience and enhance their skills working with a progressive organisation using the challenges offered to them.
This role forms part of the Regulatory Strategy and Liaison team of our client. The jobholder is expected to lead on analysing the impacts of the new Basel 3 Wholesale Credit and IRB repair requirements on the relevant risk functions within the bank and liaise with other internal functions to communicate that impact.
The individual will also be responsible for the assessment of default data resulting from migrating from current default definition to new default definition, documentation of the data extraction/assessment approach, identification of deficiencies in the data and facilitation of the case by case assessment and impact analysis resulting of this migration.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Retrieve data from various data sources by performing SQL and other data extraction related procedures. Manipulate large data sets via SAS programming.
- Design and develop data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching that leverages knowledge within data, master data, metadata and technology management.
- Own the preparation and validation of the final datasets.
- Produce comprehensive high quality technical documentation for all stages and evidence of robust independent testing of code and outputs to enable governance related approvals.
- Work together with regional data teams and business experts from the Wholesale Credit and risk teams and stakeholders to develop appropriate default data analysis and communicate findings to the senior management.
- Provide challenge and feedback to other data regional teams on any lineage gaps and other data shortcomings.
- Educated to university degree level or equivalent and it would be desirable for them to hold a relevant professional qualification.
Domain Experience Requirements
- Experience in handling and manipulating large, complex, incompatible data sets data via SAS programming.
- Adept in handling/wrangling/slicing large datasets to detect outliers, trends and extract other ad-hoc inferential and descriptive statistics.
- Experience in manipulating the default and loss datasets in line with EBA new default definition and PD/LGD guidelines is extremely preferred.
- Some knowledge of EBA, PRA, ECB, CRR, Basel II, III regulatory guidance on credit risk.
- Some experience in working with credit risk models, PD, LGD, EAD is desirable.
Key Technical Skill Requirements
- 5+ years applied proficiency with programming/Scripting languages (SAS, SQL, MySQL).
- Prior experience working with database systems, query/maintenance (eg Oracle, MySQL).
- Experienced in manipulating large data sets with SAS.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong client management skills. Should demonstrate very high client focus.
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Effective decision Making
- Collaborating and Partnering
- Location: Central London or Canary Wharf but might involve some travel within UK, Europe or elsewhere.
- Please don't apply if you don't have prior experience of working for a Tier-1 bank or a Financial Services institution.