Security Operations Engineer
Posted on Mar 7, 2020 by Request Technology
A fortune 500 company is on the search for a Sec Ops Engineer. Eventually this role can be worked remote for 2-3 days a week. This role is revolved around Firewall implementation, IDS, data governance, and security. The Sec Ops Engineer will assessing current and future threats and will implement the process and technologies capable of detecting, investigating, and eliminating those threats. This person needs to have knowledge of Wireshark, SQUID, Linux Server, and Redhat. Also needed is experience with Palo Alto, Checkpoint, and juniper Firewalls as well as experience with Scripting in Python, Bash, and Perl.
Day to Day responsibilities
- This is a senior individual contributor role- Not a manager position
- Oversee the research evaluation, design, implementation, configuration, documentation, and operations of complex technologies and processes designed to protect Company from current and/or emerging threats.
- Influence and provide authoritative advice to Architects for any activities that impact technologies and or processes associated with current or new security controls.
- Define strategies to conduct risk analysis and/or risk assessment both inside and outside the company (including physical threats, Internet attacks, malicious code attacks, national security issues and compliance with regulations) and provide recommendations and/or mitigation strategies to management.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of communications for all levels of leadership on current and/or emerging threats, along with action plans to drive remediation.
- Oversees support and planning for technologies implemented to detect, avert, investigate, and/or eliminate threats to the security of the Company environment.
- Directs the review and resolution of security incidents that impact the confidentiality, integrity, or availability of Company systems.
- Oversee the evaluations, design, implementation, configuration, documentation, and operations of technologies and processes designed to ensure compliance of the Company environment with Federal, State, and/or Company policies/regulations.
- Directs efforts to analyze business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks.
- Direct forensic activities, including HR driven investigations, Corporate Security directed activities, legal driven ediscovery, and digital review/evidence collection for compromised systems.
- This is a senior individual contributor role- Not a Manager position
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 7 or more years of related experience,
- Knowledge of Wireshark, SQUID, Linux Server, Redhat
- Experience with two or more of these: Palo Alto, CheckPoint, Juniper
- Experience Scripting: Python, Bash, Perl
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- GIAC Python Coder (GPYC) for SOC Engineers
- CISSP, CSSLP, CISA, CISMd
- Redhat - (RHCSA) RHCSA
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.