Product Manager MRO Technologies
Posted on Mar 7, 2020 by Resource 1
Resource 1 is seeking a Product Manager for a 6 month Contract-for-Hire for our client in Wood Dale, IL.
Top Areas of Focus
- Strategy: Vision and Product Strategy
- Ideation: Create, find, and curate the best ideas for the product
- Roadmapping: Prioritization, Resource Planning, Scheduling, Communication
- Features: What it does, how it does it, and why
- ROI/Commercialization: Act as owner for the product, both technically and commercially
- Own product strategy and data-driven roadmap development and prioritization
- Develop, present, and refine business cases for future development
- Uncover and understand customer needs and translate them into requirements.
- Understand, research and follow technical trends in the industry and in general. Able to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- Study the competitive landscape from a strategic business and go-to-market perspective
- Assess and establish mitigation plans for both business and technical risks.
- Use Domo/analytics tools to analyze performance indicators, evaluate experiments, etc.
- Facilitate and participate in the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Actively collaborate with a range of internal and external stakeholders to define project scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budgets, and timing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and Personal Effectiveness
- Comfort with ambiguity, rapid iteration, and fluid prioritization
- Ability to contribute ideas to overall expansion of digital products, services, and approach to the marketplace
- Resolve issues and solve problems throughout project life cycles
- Lead, coach, and motivate project team members proactively
- Bachelors degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field; Masters degree preferred
- 5+ years in Software Product Management, aviation/aerospace preferred
- 2+ years leading/owning Product Management for one or more products
- Proven track record of success, both personally and for products managed
- Experience managing, integrating with, and modernizing ERP systems required
- Participation in major ERP migration(s) a plus