Project Manager - Application Implementations
Posted on Mar 7, 2020 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking a Project Manager for multiple projects to include enterprise level that could include managing 3rd party software implementations or custom configuration as well as internal applications.
Job security: a full time hourly paid contract that renews every year for 1 year at a time.
Under limited supervision the PM will manage projects life cycle, project definition & approval to implement & evaluate all project deliverables.
Responsible for creating a collaborative partnership with internal/external teams to accomplish delivery within time frames & budgets.
- Under limited supervision, manages projects through the full life cycle from project definition and approval through implementation and evaluation of all project deliverables.
- Provides guidance to the project team and utilizes standard project management methodology. May also serve in a lead role and/or supervise lower-level staff.
- Projects are managed in 3-6 month development cycles in PMI SLDC utilizing Agile/Scrum techniques as needed.
- Project Manager will be working within a weak-Matrix organization with no direct control of IT resources.
- A Business Analyst is typically assigned as part of the IT team.
- Candidate will be working in the Office of IT Applications.
- Candidates will work with supporting IT team members (database, network, server, etc.) and interacting with business units.
- The candidate will follow internal standards, and accepted best practices for developed solutions
- Manages multiple IT projects
- Proactively communicate project status and drives resolution of outstanding risks, issues, and action items
- Manages the project schedule to meet baseline dates and deadlines
- Maintains project scope boundaries and submit requests for scope change
- Monitors staff progress and maintains project logs of stakeholders, action items, issues, and risks
- Aggressively drives/initiates action/progress to keep project moving forward
- Acts as primary liaison with vendors/consultants, project stakeholders, and IT teams
- Maintains project site, artifacts, emails and documentation in repository in SharePoint
- Meets project expectations and works within agreed assumptions/constraints
- Maintains business relationship between IT and project stakeholders
- Understands product features and functions to be able to identify issues and expectation gaps between stakeholders, customers, and developed systems
- Obtains buy-in, user adoption, and facilitates resolution of post-go-live support issues
- Facilitates completion of IT training and reporting to support end users on IT Projects
- Provide excellent customer service as a representative of IT
- Works scheduled on-site shift of typically 8 hour days, 40 hours per week
- Works weekends or evenings occasionally to oversee application deployments
- Travels within Atlanta to some satellite offices as needed and (rarely) on occasion travels to offices across the state of Georgia Work
- Client will reimburse authorized travel expense lodging and meals. Will reimburse authorized travel use of a personal vehicle use. All travel expense reimbursement shall be in accordance with Policy
Result oriented and independently driven Required
Excellent communication and teamwork skills Required
Project management experience effectively managing multiple information technology projects from requirements gathering to close-out phases Required - 5 Years
Experience in new development, installation and configuration on large scale projects with internal/external customers Required - 3 Years
Experience in waterfall, hybrid, and Agile/Scrum based project methodologies - Required 5 Years
Experience in managing complex projects, implementations, and roll outs Required 3 Years
PMP Certified a plus
Able to develop and maintain schedules
Batchelors Degree with concentration in IT, computer science, business, or related degree Required 4 Years
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".