Test Analyst/Lead - Integration
Posted on Mar 7, 2020 by Prolifics
Integration Test Analyst/Lead
Experienced Test Analyst/Senior needed to join global IT Consulting firm, with UK offices in London and Borehamwood, Hertfordshire. You will have a minimum of 3 years testing experience, 5+ years for the senior/lead role and will be looking for a technically challenging role.
As well as testing User Interfaces, you will have in-depth experience of testing APIs using Postman and/or SOAPUI, with good knowledge of UNIX, XML and SQL. You will have good experience with integration and end-to-end testing, using large volumes of data and linking into Continuous Integration tools, such as Jenkins.
You will be a certified tester, at a minimum of Foundation level (ISTQB) and used to working closely with developers, business analysts and product owners as part of agile teams, ideally with Financial Services sector experience.
Must be a pro-active and outspoken team member with excellent communication skills, capable of producing clear and concise summary reports, status updates, as well as the usual testing related documentation. You must have experience of estimating timescales for testing user stories and presenting them confidently to a group, plus documenting them in test plans.
Test automation experience would be an advantage, using open-source tools, ideally Selenium WebDriver frameworks in Java or C#.
Prolifics is an established, specialist IT services provider, with offices in the UK, Germany, India, Canada and the USA. An IBM and Mulesoft technology partner, we provide tailored solutions and digital transformation projects to a wide range of blue chip clients around the World. Our testing practice has over 400 personnel, with an established footprint in the UK.
- 3-5+ years testing experience
- Agile environment experience - SCRUM, continuous integration
- Good understanding of web technologies, HTTP, HTML, Content Management, Cookies, DNS etc.
- Working knowledge of UNIX
- API testing using SOAPUI/Postman
- Good working knowledge of SQL - SQL Server or Oracle
- Familiarity with test/development management tools like Jira
- Ability to write test plans, reports
- A good understanding of the software development life cycle development and testing and experience of working on projects
- Test Automation experience
- Very Good communication skills (written and spoken)
- An eye for detail and the ability to work with minimal documentation or requirements
- It is essential that the candidate is committed, energetic and enthusiastic about testing
- Needs to be practical and proactive
- Should be able to grasp concepts quickly and appreciate implications of decisions
- Able to work well autonomously, with a focus on delivery
- Eagerness to learn and an aptitude for picking things up quickly