QA Consultant - Software Testing Specialist
Posted on Mar 6, 2020 by Professional Advantage
Job Title. Quality Consultant - Software Testing Specialist
Job Type/Location: Fargo
The story of Professional Advantage (PA) begins in Sydney, 1989. Steve Howcroft and Derek Rippingale had a vision to create a leading financial management software and service provider. After servicing over 6000 clients in the past 30 years, this vision has become a reality. Today PA is a Microsoft Gold Partner and is a top-class IT firm with 300+ people employed worldwide. We provide a wide range of services, such as Financial Management Software, Business Intelligence, ERP Systems, CRM Software, Retail Systems, BPM, Infrastructure and Collaboration solutions. We strive to streamline operations for our clients through specialised software solutions and by doing so, we enhance their growth. PA is committed to delivering successful outcomes and continues to thrive in the modern digital world.
Hiring the very best staff is critical to our success.
Self-Sufficient, confident, diligent and highly motivated - these are some of the qualities we look for in people. You are a go-getter, who can turn requirements into realities. Our people love what they do for a living and want to work for a company where they are given the opportunity to direct their own future.
We value professionals who have an entrepreneurial spirit and who are looking for freedom to exercise initiative in a supportive team environment.
Professional Advantage is a global organization with offices in Colorado (US), North Dakota (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Melbourne (AU), Brisbane (AU), and Perth (AU). Our diverse range of products and services is different for each country. In the United States we offer 1Staff, Microsoft Business Central and Microsoft Dynamics GP solutions in addition to our own modules, Collection Management and Company Data Archive.
You'll be working with our best-in-class staffing solution, 1Staff, that enables over 100 staffing organisations to achieve more with technology every day. Our end-to-end staffing solution leverages the full Microsoft technology stack making it a compelling choice for organisations wishing to transform their technology platform to better support their growth and profitability.
Be part of a supportive and creative team that builds solutions other can't.
How you'll make a difference
It is acknowledged that developing world class applications is a team effort, you will join a team of dedicated professionals whose aim is to product the best possible products to ensure our clients success. Your primary role will be to ensure the quality of our software products and documentation.
The Role/What you'll be doing/Duties
- Perform regression testing on all software products for every release.
- Document test plans and maintain them.
- Automate test plans to include in the regression test suite.
- Perform ad-hoc testing to stress the application in ways not intended by the development team.
- Using your problem-solving and critical thinking skills to troubleshoot issues that may arise during product testing.
- Proactively communicate with your Team Lead and your peers to assist the overall successful of product delivery.
- Collaborating with Product and Software Engineering on setting the product roadmap and design.
- Enthusiastic about serving clients and learning new skills and technologies
A competitive salary, paid vacation, exposure to the latest cutting-edge technologies, attending conferences, health, dental and vision benefits, company match retirement contributions, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, company match health club membership, participating in webinars, personal skills development and personal growth, regular team sync-ups, independence, flexibility, work life balance.
You'll be an important member of a great team, with a strong work ethic, where individualism thrives in a team, with no micro-management.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and/or Business.
- 2+ years of overall Software Quality Engineering experience.
- Proven ability in requirements/specification analysis.
- Ability and experience working with automated testing tools.
- Proven ability in creating user test cases and preparing test data.
- Strong knowledge & experience in MS SQL Server.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills, enabling effective communication with other team members, clients and business partners.
- Create documentation for both internal and external consumers such as test requirements and plans, processes, and installation instructions.
Other Desired Skills and Experience:
- Advantage to have experience with testing financial software applications for a Windows and Web environment.
- Security Testing.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.